Ian on CBS "Early Show"

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Ian on CBS "Early Show"

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Just in case it wasn't clear from the official announcement (it wasn't to me) regarding Ian McCulloch being interviewed on the "CBS breakfast Show" during a Liverpool City of Culture segment on January 11, There is no such named show.

there is a show on CBS called "The Early Show". It starts at 8:00am EST. I assume this is it.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 pm

I assume that's the show too. Here's a better summary of their upcoming activities:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/n ... raini-live

One correction, however. The Early Show runs from 7 to 9 a.m. in each time zone. It's taped live on the east coast and then broadcast as appropriate across the country.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm

All of the bullshit p.r. that Peter posted comes from this article:

Liverpool Daily Post article

I hate to tell them that The Early Show pulls in about 2.6 million (versus The Today Show, which pulls in 6 million) and according to the Yahoo tv listings, the only thing on their schedule for Friday is "a segment on dental veneers. " :mrgreen: Maybe they didn't want to send Julie Chen overseas.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby black francis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 am

Fish Hook Girl wrote:All of the bullshit p.r. that Peter posted comes from this article:

Liverpool Daily Post article

I hate to tell them that The Early Show pulls in about 2.6 million (versus The Today Show, which pulls in 6 million) and according to the Yahoo tv listings, the only thing on their schedule for Friday is "a segment on dental veneers. " :mrgreen: Maybe they didn't want to send Julie Chen overseas.

I was wondering where the one hundred million viewers stuff was coming from.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:34 am

black francis wrote:I was wondering where the one hundred million viewers stuff was coming from.

lol yeah, the Super Bowl gets 100 million viewers, not a 3rd place morning show even if they add in other media owned by CBS. Maybe Ian will discuss dental veneers and their impact on culture. Ah well I'm just glad to see Ian on US TV even if, as I predict, it is just a little blurb as I suspect with the focus being on Ringo.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ian on CBS "Early Show"

Postby moses (2) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:41 am

admin wrote:
there is a show on CBS called "The Early Show". It starts at 8:00am EST. I assume this is it.

For god sake an EARLY SHOW

Mac will not even show up -- the fucker never gets up until after midday
moses (2)

Re: Ian on CBS "Early Show"

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:46 am

moses (2) wrote:For god sake an EARLY SHOW

Mac will not even show up -- the fucker never gets up until after midday

It's a taped segment
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:58 pm

black francis wrote:I was wondering where the one hundred million viewers stuff was coming from.

Maybe it's a spin on CBS being available in 100 million homes in the US?

Good job, Mac, getting an interview on the perennially worst network news-ertainment program in America, under its various names (The Morning Show, Morning, CBS Morning News, CBS Early Morning News, The Morning Program, CBS This Morning, This Morning...finally, The Early Show). But then, the Bunnymen have done the Late Late show with both the Craigs - Kilborn & Ferguson. Maybe they have a "special" friends-with-benefits relationship with CBS.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Maybe it's a spin on CBS being available in 100 million homes in the US?

Good job, Mac, getting an interview on the perennially worst network news-ertainment program in america. But then, the Bunnymen have done the Late Late show with both the Craigs - Kilborn & Ferguson. Maybe they have a "special" friends-with-benefits relationship with CBS.

I think it's just a spot that CBS did on the City of Culture event in general. It's not like management scored a deal with CBS to get an interview to promote the Bunnymen on a third rate morning show. In other words it just kind of happened. I'll bet it ends up just being a line or two from the taped interview along with the usual "singer of 80's new wave band EatB" and the dated photo with Pete and then cut back to Ringo with Beatles trivia. I would like to be wrong.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:58 pm

hey i have an idea..............why don't we just watch it first, then complain later!

at least he's getting SOME exposure over here!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:16 pm

admin wrote:I think it's just a spot that CBS did on the City of Culture event in general. It's not like management scored a deal with CBS to get an interview to promote the Bunnymen on a third rate morning show. In other words it just kind of happened. I'll bet it ends up just being a line or two from the taped interview along with the usual "singer of 80's new wave band EatB" and the dated photo with Pete and then cut back to Ringo with Beatles trivia. I would like to be wrong.

Sounds about right. And if Britney Spears goes even more wacko before then, the segment will be scrapped altogether for a Dr. Phil interview.
Last edited by Fish Hook Girl on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Red wrote:hey i have an idea..............why don't we just watch it first, then complain later!

That's crazy talk.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Sound about right. And if Britney Spears goes even more wacko before then, the segment will be scrapped altogether for a Dr. Phil interview.

..bring on the new messiah, wherever he may roam
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Sounds about right. And if Britney Spears goes even more wacko before then, the segment will be scrapped altogether for a Dr. Phil interview.

YET ANOTHER YEAR of media coverage following the decadent lives of the Spears sisters. The media is so good at distraction. I'm hoping the coverage will change in Jan. '09?
insanejane

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 pm

insanejane wrote:YET ANOTHER YEAR of media coverage following the decadent lives of the Spears sisters. The media is so good at distraction. I'm hoping the coverage will change in Jan. '09?

By then, there'll be the BritJamieLiLoParisMischaAmy channel, no doubt :eek: :eek: :eek:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen