Daisy Jones & The Six

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Daisy Jones & The Six

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:08 am

Yo - anyone seen this? Was going to give it a swerve and then, well there was nothing on and was much better than I'd imagined - though any of us here could write the plot or at least play a drinking game whenever any obvious rawk n roll obvious point came up. Anyways I seem to have missed one thing, and not sure I can go back and watch again - but spoilers and all that..........., just in case you're mid-stream. Anyone else seen it?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Daisy Jones & The Six

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:57 pm

Haven't seen it FC, though it's popped up in the suggestions, should I? Quiet on the work front today so I watched that Banshees of Innisherin. Bit of a slow burner to start but some class lines and brilliant performances. On the telly front, recently watched the first two series of Slow Horses, best thing I've watched in a long, long time, loved it.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:13 pm

It's worth a watch I'd say. Story's kind of obvious - it's about a band right? - but the casting is spot on and the woman and bloke main characters are v good. And it's all 70s hair moustaches and sexy ladies hippy dress wear, if you catch my drift. And olyphants funny.

What sides that slow horses on? Mrs FC away at the moment so I don't have to watch zombies for a while.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 am

fat cherry wrote:It's worth a watch I'd say. Story's kind of obvious - it's about a band right? - but the casting is spot on and the woman and bloke main characters are v good. And it's all 70s hair moustaches and sexy ladies hippy dress wear, if you catch my drift. And olyphants funny.

What sides that slow horses on? Mrs FC away at the moment so I don't have to watch zombies for a while.

Slow Horses is on Apple TV, I watched the first series recently and thought that was it, then it came up that the second season was there to watch as well. It'll probably crop up on one of the other channels soon. Well worth a watch, Gary Oldman is brilliant in it.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:08 am

i see a lot of ads for it but have avoided it so far.

Been watching "Poker Face", "Yellowjackets" and "Shrinking" as far as series go. I highly recommend all three. Especially "Poker Face". Besides being a Natasha Lyonne fan it reminds me of those shows as a kid that had that mystery of the week vibe going on.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Over The Wall