Open Mac

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Open Mac

Postby Glycerol » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:51 am

I have recently returned to the Forum after some time away.
I’n not sure where the main volume of people are from or how many members there are, but I was wondering if there would be any interest/takers if I were to set up an event where an event where Bunnymen Fans could play(guitar , keyboards etc) and sing Bunnymen songs for their own enjoyment ?
The venue would be somewhere in Liverpool.
I have no idea of when as this is the first tentative ask.
I envisage a kind of Open Mic type of thing with people stepping up to do 2 or 3 songs depending on numbers.

I would love to hear from anyone who would be interested?

Cheers
Glycerol
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: Open Mac

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 am

Hey....., who did you used to be? Its quite low volume here so maybe one of the facebook pages would be better for gauging what you want to do. If I were near I might go along to such a thing, and people were keen for the fan cover cds years ago so you might be onto something.
The other thing is, around here, we're all nice to each other these days. Who'd have thought eh
Chez
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Glycerol » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi Chez thanks for the reply, it’s good to know that there are no haters on the forum . I hope the thread stays up, but I may explore the facebook idea - even though am not on Facebook :lol:
Glycerol
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:15 am

Glycerol wrote:Hi Chez thanks for the reply, it’s good to know that there are no haters on the forum . :lol:

Yeah that's not quite what I said, haha. I think we're all just getting old. Why, I was told off the other day and I apologised, just like that. Call it personal growth if you like.

I hope the thread stays up, but I may explore the facebook idea - even though am not on Facebook

If you don't want to do that I'd be happy to put stuff up. also do instagram fro my sins, though I dso keep getting the urge to close them all down and go back to 1985. Can't guarrantee anything obviously though. I did a DJ night about three years ago, got a handful of people which was a pleasant surprise since we're in the back of beyond really. Mind you it was padded out with Mrs Cherry's rent-a-crowd. Gotta love her.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:59 pm

Count me in .Dave.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:19 am

fat cherry wrote:The other thing is, around here, we're all nice to each other these days. Who'd have thought eh
Chez

Up yours Fat Cherry :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:41 am

like i said......... :biggrin:
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:10 am

fat cherry wrote:like i said......... :biggrin:

:lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Glycerol » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:41 pm

If you don't want to do that I'd be happy to put stuff up. also do instagram fro my sins, though I dso keep getting the urge to close them all down and go back to 1985. Can't guarrantee anything obviously though. I did a DJ night about three years ago, got a handful of people which was a pleasant surprise since we're in the back of beyond really. Mind you it was padded out with Mrs Cherry's rent-a-crowd. Gotta love her.[/quote]

Hi fat cherry,
if you wouldn’t mind putting the idea out there then that would be great. If there is any kind of interest and it gains momentum then I could take it further.

Am sure I could find a venue /pub that would have us if I had an idea of numbers who may attend.

I reckon people have been singing theses songs all alone, with just the cat watching, for years and they are just dying to have go anywhere other than bathroom.
Cheers.
Glycerol
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:49 am

yep, I'll do that later today.
Chez.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Glycerol » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:43 pm

Thanks Chez, maybe direct any interest here to save spamin up your Other stuff
Glycerol
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:56 am

well I was late, as always, sorry, I forgot to mention that. Been up 24 hours on one of the unnofficial groups (still thousansd of members) and zilch response so far - not even a 'like'. I'll keep plugging away for a bit though.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:53 am

Update....., 1 like.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Glycerol » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:28 pm

1’s better than none, now get some sleep !
Glycerol
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby black francis » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:44 am

Put up your Instagram handles. That’s about the only social media I engage in anymore. Mines usually just pics of my kids, tacos, dog and cigars and beer. Too much politics on Facebook. Plus everyone is an infectious disease expert too.

I think mine is Darth.bourgeois or something like that.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen