Liverpool

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Liverpool

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:57 am

For poolophiles, must sting a bit, but decided by jonny foreigner (are we allowed to call them that now the empires back and that we're free of this damned euro types). Comment from all sides, Inc jane casey
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... dApp_Other
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Liverpool

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:08 am

Beat me to it, FC.

Joanie Foreigner ;-)
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:13 am

well in this country we all are aren't we, depending on how many millenia you want to go back

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Can't watch your BBC link here. Thanks anyway. Don't remember that modern-looking building but it's been a while.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Do they expect people to live in a bloody museum? I bet if they were around a few hundred years back they'd have thought the building of the dock area was appalling. Life moves on, get with it! It's not bloody Ironbridge. Can't wait to have hot running water in the news EFC bogs!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:13 am

Kounelaki wrote:Can't watch your BBC link here. Thanks anyway. Don't remember that modern-looking building but it's been a while.

Its Lee's rant about some UKIP bloke who suggested bulgarians (I think) should stay at home and help their own country prosper, then goes back in time, with the Polish - coming over here, mending stuff, then the hugenots and so on til the dawn of time. Loses a bit in the translation there.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:16 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:Do they expect people to live in a bloody museum? I bet if they were around a few hundred years back they'd have thought the building of the dock area was appalling. Life moves on, get with it! It's not bloody Ironbridge. Can't wait to have hot running water in the news EFC bogs!

Well said VB. Listened to a debate on Jeremy Vine and there were lots of weeping scousers bemoaning the modernisation - Leeds is the same and some of the modern stuff is appalling really but some is great but the city grows and all that. I think the root of the UNESCO thingy is cash isn't it?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 am

fat cherry wrote:
Kounelaki wrote:Can't watch your BBC link here. Thanks anyway. Don't remember that modern-looking building but it's been a while.

Its Lee's rant about some UKIP bloke who suggested bulgarians (I think) should stay at home and help their own country prosper, then goes back in time, with the Polish - coming over here, mending stuff, then the hugenots and so on til the dawn of time. Loses a bit in the translation there.

Thanks, FC. UKIP on Paddington Bear: Bloody foreigner, coming over here, eating our marmalade sandwiches.
Last edited by Kounelaki on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 am

Didn't know there was an Everton stadium involved, VB.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -treatment
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall