10 of the best pop star career changes

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

10 of the best pop star career changes

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:16 am

From boyband member to turkey farmer: 10 of the best pop star career changes

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/202 ... er-changes

Haven't looked through all the comments to see if there's a Les mention. VB might like this one.
I also recall the lead singer of The Smiths had a career change and became an arsehole.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: 10 of the best pop star career changes

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:46 am

there must be loads more I guess - not that many pop stars do that forever. Wonder what bono would become? Hmm, did I just turn your thread into another anti U2 thread? Sorry. back on topic - who is the former roxy member who is now a vicar>? One of my matews did that, after being a teacher, as opposed to pop star, he retured and trained as a vicar.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:02 am

fat cherry wrote:Wonder what bono would become?.

Tax lawyer - poacher turned game keeper type of move. Edge would be a butcher, Larry would be a physics teacher and Adam would be, I was going to say homeless but that would be mean, pub landlord. I'm reminded of Eric morecambe when asked what would he and ernie would be if they weren't comedians and he said 'Mike and Bernie Winters'.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:31 am

Bono became Mother Teresa years ago. :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:06 am

fat cherry wrote:
fat cherry wrote:Wonder what bono would become?.

Tax lawyer - poacher turned game keeper type of move. Edge would be a butcher, Larry would be a physics teacher and Adam would be, I was going to say homeless but that would be mean, pub landlord. I'm reminded of Eric morecambe when asked what would he and ernie would be if they weren't comedians and he said 'Mike and Bernie Winters'.

Wasn't the Edge going to be a vicar or am I getting confused with Richard Coles
TenNewPence

Return to Gods Will Be Gods