Reverberation.

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Reverberation.

Postby Hotrats63 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:05 pm

I’ve always really liked the non-McCulloch album Reverberation.

Lots of psychedelic touches all over the album. I had known they never made another album with Noel but didn’t know they did a handful of non-album tracks. From looking about I can see:

Lady Don’t Fall Backwards
Prove Me Wrong
Fine Thing
Reverberation
Inside Me, Inside You
Wigged Out World

It looks unlikely we’ll ever see an expanded version of this album. So are these tracks available anywhere in a lossless format?

Cheers.
Hotrats63
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: Reverberation.

Postby fat cherry » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Not that I know of. I picked up the vinyl on ebay a few years ago. Might be some kind soul somewhere would rip em for you. Have you tried one of the fb fan pages?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Hotrats63 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:43 am

Cheers for reply.

I’ll have a look into them. This seemed the logical starting place, but I’m
Maybe too old fashioned!
Hotrats63
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:47 am

Drop me your email I can send them over
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Hotrats63 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:56 pm

It was lossless rips from the CD singles I was looking for, anyone out there got them?
Hotrats63
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Hotrats63 wrote:I’ve always really liked the non-McCulloch album Reverberation.

Lots of psychedelic touches all over the album. I had known they never made another album with Noel but didn’t know they did a handful of non-album tracks. From looking about I can see:

Prove Me Wrong
Fine Thing
Reverberation
Inside Me, Inside You
Wigged Out World

It looks unlikely we’ll ever see an expanded version of this album. So are these tracks available anywhere in a lossless format?

Cheers.

I see you are new here. We did a community interview in 2008 (wow! 13 years ago, how is this possible???) with Noel Burke after I tracked him down. The interview is kind of buried in here now but here is the link:

http://www.villiersterrace.com/burke.htm
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hotrats63 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:
Hotrats63 wrote:I’ve always really liked the non-McCulloch album Reverberation.

Prove Me Wrong
Fine Thing
Reverberation
Inside Me, Inside You
Wigged Out World

Cheers.

I see you are new here. We did a community interview in 2008 (wow! 13 years ago, how is this possible???) with Noel Burke after I tracked him down. The interview is kind of buried in here now but here is the link:

http://www.villiersterrace.com/burke.htm

Thanks for that. Interesting read, he had certainly put the Bunnymen days behind him!
Hotrats63
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby candelabro » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Just to let you guys know that I bought a Reverberation promotional tape that seems to include (as per the tracklist) Fine Thing and Salvatore, presumably in full Geoff Emerick treatment since it looks that a promo of the completed album. Apparently they deleted these two tracks before release and never used them as B-sides etc. They must have re-recorded a cheaper Fine Thing in 1991 since they didn't own the rights of the original WEA recording (really looking fwd to hearing this one since it's a favorite). Bought it some 3 years ago but still haven't played it. As soon as I rip them I'll upload them to YT or similar. Cheers.
candelabro

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm

candelabro wrote:Just to let you guys know that I bought a Reverberation promotional tape that seems to include (as per the tracklist) Fine Thing and Salvatore, presumably in full Geoff Emerick treatment since it looks that a promo of the completed album. Apparently they deleted these two tracks before release and never used them as B-sides etc. They must have re-recorded a cheaper Fine Thing in 1991 since they didn't own the rights of the original WEA recording (really looking fwd to hearing this one since it's a favorite). Bought it some 3 years ago but still haven't played it. As soon as I rip them I'll upload them to YT or similar. Cheers.

Fine Thing was a b-side to the 7" Reverberation single, it seems like a studio version to me here as there is no audience noise but maybe it was a live in a radio studio (see below):

A live version of Fine Thing was a Prove Me Wrong 12" b-side according to various resources but I've never heard it. It says it was recorded by BBC Manchester (is this the same as above?)

Never heard of Salvatore. It would be interesting to find out if the one on your cassette is the same one on the single(s).
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby candelabro » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:04 am

Hi Brian. No and yes. "Fine Thing" is a studio b-side to the "Prove Me Wrong" 12"/CD single from 1991. This single also includes the cover of 13th Floor Elevators' classic "Reverberation" (it says "live", but sounds like a radio session rather than a live gig).

What I have is a 1990 WEA promo tape of the Reverberation album as we know it (albeit with an altogether different running order), plus Fine Thing and Salvatore. My guess is that this version of Fine Thing will be different, since the b-side version sounds relatively lo-fi as the rest of the stuff they put out on their own Euphoric label, and the single notes do not mention WEA at all.
It seems they had re-recorded Fine Thing, since they could not use the WEA recording for obvious reasons.
Salvatore was played live by this line up but until I found this tape I didn't know that a studio recording existed (apparently from the same WEA album sessions).
candelabro

Postby Aigburth Drive » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm

I'd be interested in these Reverberation era in lossless too.
I found this text file and some 128k MP3s in my Bunnymen folder. The file is date stamped 2012, but I can't remember where I got it from. I can post a link if this is allowed.

Echo & Bunnymen
First Rehearsals without Ian
Jan-Jun 1989

After Ian left the band in Japan in 1988 they decided to continue under the same name - it was always agreed a majority could stake a claim. So In January '89 Will, Les & Pete along with Jake Brockman (live keyboard player for many years de-camped to Pete's house in Liverpool & discuss the future. Noel Burke (ex St. Vitus Dance) was recruited as a new vocalist and these are the best recordings that came out of the first rehearsals (at Pete's in Liverpool Jan-Mar and at this parents house in Goring-On-Thames in June). Damon Reece (Spritualized) was present at the time & took over drums after Pete's sad death (also it is sad that Jake is no longer with us).

So probably only for Bunny maniacs but I was asked if I had any early stuff with Noel & you can't get earlier than this. I've had permission to share this so enjoy!

Lady Don't Fall Backwards #1
Lady Don't Fall Backwards #2
(instrumental bits of fiddling)
How Could You Leave Our Love Behind? #1
How Could You Leave Our Love Behind? #2
Feel Alright #1
Feel Alright #2
Feel Alright #3
Cut & Dried #1
My Expression
Cut & Dried #2
(Instrumental)
(Bedbugs-esque Instrumental)
(Instrumental)

Musicians
Noel Burke: Vocals
Will Sergeant: Guitars
Les Pattinson: Bass
Pete De Freitas: Drums
Jake Brockman: Keyboards

Other people present at various times:
Dave Battersby, Ant Clarke, Steve Doughty, Damon Reece
Aigburth Drive
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby The Monro » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Interesting - wouldn’t mind hearing those.
The Monro

Postby Hotrats63 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:50 am

candelabro wrote:Just to let you guys know that I bought a Reverberation promotional tape that seems to include (as per the tracklist) Fine Thing and Salvatore, presumably in full Geoff Emerick treatment since it looks that a promo of the completed album. Apparently they deleted these two tracks before release and never used them as B-sides etc. They must have re-recorded a cheaper Fine Thing in 1991 since they didn't own the rights of the original WEA recording (really looking fwd to hearing this one since it's a favorite). Bought it some 3 years ago but still haven't played it. As soon as I rip them I'll upload them to YT or similar. Cheers.

It's even more annoying that the album didn't get the remaster/expanded treatment, if there are fully produced tracks never on CD! Hey ho.
Hotrats63
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:29 pm

Hotrats63 wrote:
It's even more annoying that the album didn't get the remaster/expanded treatment, if there are fully produced tracks never on CD! Hey ho.

I know! I'm still waiting for the expanded and remastered WAYGTDWYL 20th anniversary release! COVID delay? Maybe they decided on 25 or 30? :lol:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TenNewPence » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:18 am

Mr. Brian wrote:
Hotrats63 wrote:

I know! I'm still waiting for the expanded and remastered WAYGTDWYL 20th anniversary release! COVID delay? Maybe they decided on 25 or 30? :lol:

Surely Evergreen must be coming up to 25 years. Though apart from the b-sides to related singles wonder if there is any other stuff of interest. Siberia must be another 10 years off. I ordered the Japanese cd with extra tracks but it failed to appear. Maybe one day find out what I missed out on :confused:
TenNewPence

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen