Rockfield Studio

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Rockfield Studio

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 am

Radio 4 - short, may be a longer version - guess who they forget to mention

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07j52yh

They did do crocs there didn't they?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Rockfield Studio

Postby TenNewPence » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Just checked Wikipedia, yes Crocs at Eden Studios & Rockfield. HUH was also recorded at Rockfields.
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 am

Now on the telly, bbc4. Sadly I got a bit bored and with about 20 minutes to go still haven't said much about why the brothers split the business in two apart from they wanted to do different things and weren't getting the business in. Cue the stone roses spending a year or so there. By the time Liam g turns up to tell you how much time he spent in the pub I was dozing off. Still no buns mention, but then queen only got a 'I went in and Freddie was playing something on the piano, it might have been the last bit of bohemian rhapsody, though they all called it Freddie's thing. Simple Minds got a fair crack at it though, but when Jim went on about new gold dream and sparkle in the rain being significant album I was thinking, nah mate, sons and fascination/sister feelings call is the one. I could tell he agrees with me but isn't allowed to say it. Charlie bur Hill used to be a real pretty bit didn't he? Anyways, I digress, mildly interesting but became too much about band shenanigans. Early warning was national treasure and Sabbath singer, one ozzy os Bourne, "we were a rock band that did drugs, and became a drug band that did rock".
I'll let you know what the ends like........
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm

yeah, last 20 minutes weren't any better. Long bit with charlatans leading up to their keyboard player (?) crashing his car - though wikiwotsit says traffic accident - and dying of it. I think I was already fading so I'd have to look again but it seems the gist was I beleive they weren't getting on (this being the flip side of how great it is to spend loads of time together getting your record sorted) and he went off and crashed his car, though there may have been a trip to the pub in between. Burgess says. he's not dead, he's just on a different plane. No tim, he's dead would be my opinion. Didn't realise he was a bit of a hippy but all of his contributions seemed a bit like that. But they play the loops he was working on as part of every live performance.

They did have a big list up at the end of lots of bands who'd recorded there but it was very small writing and in yellow so difficult to make out from my sofa.

Enjoy......
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:17 am

fat cherry wrote:he went off and crashed his car, though there may have been a trip to the pub in between. Burgess says. he's not dead, he's just on a different plane

Was it a car or a plane?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:41 pm

fat cherry wrote:Simple Minds got a fair crack at it though, but when Jim went on about new gold dream and sparkle in the rain being significant album I was thinking, nah mate, sons and fascination/sister feelings call is the one.

Yep.

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:30 am

Now on the telly, bbc4.

Yesterday on the telly in France. Ozzy was dubbed! :lol: Thanks for the heads-up, FC.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall