Sgt fuzz on tinternet

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Sgt fuzz on tinternet

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:27 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Thanks guys. More enthusiasm for sour dough bread than my bunnymen questions lol lol

:lol: :lol:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:50 am

Speaking of sergeant fuzz, there's some London band calling themselves sergeant buzfuz,???

https://www.folkradio.co.uk/2020/05/vid ... esa-mckee/
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:21 pm

fat cherry wrote:Speaking of sergeant fuzz, there's some London band calling themselves sergeant buzfuz,???/

Do they bake their own sourdough bread?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 am

they might well do........ they have one song listing all the crimes and misdemeanors of 'the popes', and I don't mean shane mcgowans backingg band.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Now that he’s on Twitter he’s doing a Tim Burgess Listening Party for Heaven Up Here on Saturday March 13th at 9pm.
Last edited by The Monro on Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:08 pm

he's like a rash these days isn't he. His instagram is quite jolly - great pics of the band shenanigans etc mixed up with rare album covers stuff. Bit weird if you ask me, not sure I liked him best when as Mick Houghton says in his book, during an interview in some hotel - sitting in the corner reading a star trek comic. I jest obviously.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Yeah but did you hear the clip he posted last night of Going Up from Eric’s before Pete joined? Spellbinding stuff. Hopefully there’s more like that in his archive that’ll get a proper release.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:34 pm

oo no, will have a look
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:35 pm

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:46 pm

oh yes - cool stuff. Nice one Mr (or is it mrs) the munro!!
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Ha ha - no, it’s Mr.
The Monro

Postby Stars Are Stars » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:07 am

fat cherry wrote:he's like a rash these days isn't he. His instagram is quite jolly - great pics of the band shenanigans etc mixed up with rare album covers stuff. Bit weird if you ask me, not sure I liked him best when as Mick Houghton says in his book, during an interview in some hotel - sitting in the corner reading a star trek comic. I jest obviously.

Was on the forum a while ago but life and kids got in the way (which is a good thing) but am back for the comments. Only been on social media lightly since the lockdown but it was nice to see not much has changed with them flogging cheap hoodies and now the junky neck guards, management still hassling fans on FB, etc.

Will’s Instagram/Twitter and the over abundance of artificial sweetener screams desperation and probably a much needed massage to the ego. Maybe twittering is his new full time job? I remember meeting him after a show a couple years ago and when we asked about the new guitarist, Will wasn’t very complimentary about Kelly’s efforts. He said they didn’t want him in the band anymore and didn’t miss him at all. I guess he’s ok to work with now because there’s promo in it for him.

On the author, did anyone else notice the inclusion that U2 was listed first in the bands he influenced? Wondering it if was in the way to do the exact opposite and you’re bound to succeed. Out of curiosity, I went to read more on the editor. Video in the 3rd pic is a highlight. Not sure why I picked that one to scroll through but it’s good to see the Bunnymen sh*t show is still going strong. Now’s a good time to do a poll on how long they’re going to last. On their last legs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CECqsEKBn1x ... 5njcirjdgp
Stars Are Stars

Postby fat cherry » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Stars Are Stars wrote:Will’s Instagram/Twitter and the over abundance of artificial sweetener screams desperation and probably a much needed massage to the ego.

isn't that why everyone does it? :-) Back in the day (as we scientists say) he popped up on the seven seas list and put pictures up on myspace (ah, the only true social media) so maybe thats his thing. I dunno. YO know when the question comes up (again) as it must do on practically every band forum inthe whol wide world, why are U2 so famous and our much better band isn't, maybe its because they were crap at being pop stars and U2 were quite good at it.

Stars Are Stars wrote:Out of curiosity, I went to read more on the editor.

she's quite good at telling you how clever she is isn't she? Hi I'm Dr..... and I'm an expert..... And its all the shite we talk on here, we've missed a trick I tell you, a trick Hi we're the Villlers Terrace Nerds and we are experts [on everything]. In case she's reading, I'm jesting obviosuly - she's not the lady selling wills old guitars is she? Oh no she does art stuff son't she.

But back to Will, maybe he's just normal and not media savvy, even after all these years. and so when he's got a cob on he hides it very badly.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Stars Are Stars » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:10 pm

fat cherry wrote:
Stars Are Stars wrote:Will’s Instagram/Twitter and the over abundance of artificial sweetener screams desperation and probably a much needed massage to the ego.

isn't that why everyone does it? :-) Back in the day (as we scientists say) he popped up on the seven seas list and put pictures up on myspace (ah, the only true social media) so maybe thats his thing. I dunno. YO know when the question comes up (again) as it must do on practically every band forum inthe whol wide world, why are U2 so famous and our much better band isn't, maybe its because they were crap at being pop stars and U2 were quite good at it.

Stars Are Stars wrote:Out of curiosity, I went to read more on the editor.

she's quite good at telling you how clever she is isn't she? Hi I'm Dr..... and I'm an expert..... And its all the shite we talk on here, we've missed a trick I tell you, a trick Hi we're the Villlers Terrace Nerds and we are experts [on everything]. In case she's reading, I'm jesting obviosuly - she's not the lady selling wills old guitars is she? Oh no she does art stuff son't she.

But back to Will, maybe he's just normal and not media savvy, even after all these years. and so when he's got a cob on he hides it very badly.

I think the quarantine has really done a number on musicians. I’ve seen a few who have reared their head looking for accolades and to see if anyone still remember them. U2 tried really hard when it counted. In one’s mid-60s attempting to be the new internet sensation looks sad.

I saw something about the Dr achieving her status from writing a paper about Joy Division. They’re just giving out titles if you pay for them. Seems more like a tabloid columnist than a journalist.
Stars Are Stars

Postby The Monro » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:11 am

The Heaven Up Here Listening Party went down very well on Saturday, so much so that Will is now doing one for Crocodiles on Saturday 3rd April at 9pm.
The Monro

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen