uncut

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

uncut

Postby fat cherry » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:44 pm

must have seen or read this before, but I do not recall, as they say in court. Some kind of interesting comments on the newer stuff.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/echo-bunny ... rld-110190
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: uncut

Postby gordie_young » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:58 pm

I went for a tour at rockfield studios and asked continuously about echo playing there lol. It's strange they've recorded classic albums from somewhere I live 10 minutes away.
gordie_young
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm

They probably have bigger names in their memory, or did they? Other year was in Nashville and went on a studio tour (RCA STudio B I think), and though it was cool being in this room (and it was it seems just one room mainly) where all this stuff had gone down, the bloke doing the tour - after an initial humerous blast of everyone who had recorded there, just went on about Elvis, who I don't mind at all but could have been much moreinteresting. Was in Berlin too and fancied a trip to Hansa but everyone else wanted to look at fake russian soldiers and get pissed on expensive beer - again not a bad thing in itself.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Rush recorded A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres at Rockwell Studios. :band:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby gordie_young » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 pm

I touched the piano what bohemian rapsody was played on :smile:
gordie_young
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:26 pm

oo er (shivers down spine), have you washed since? Best one I did do was Sun Studio in Memphis, which is really small, and had my picture taken with a microphone that Elvis might have used - but probably didn't, being the way I read it. The guide on that occasion was brilliant, but like you know, rock n roll bethlehem. Sorry I might have gone over the top there. Almost as good as that was the vintage red thunderbird parked outside. And when I say red thunderbird I don't mean thunderbird 3. Mrs FC is the main traveller in this marriage (though don't read too muh into that) and I kind of tag along but try and get to some rock/music history thing wherever we are - so New York was great a couple of years back. Had my picture taken at the back of what used to be CBGBs, but which is now a clothes shop. The staff are obviously used to gents of a certain age standing against a wall where a ramones album cover was shot and gaily point at you and laugh. Oh also, outside the building where Don Corleone gets shot (spoilers) in the film The Sopranos refer to as 'One'. Tip top - Strictly is on......... best be off.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 pm

I got my picture taken on the crossing outside the Abbey Road Studios in that London this summer. The road itself is actually called Abbey Road and so was one of their albums. The coincidences are eerie. :eek:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen