Mysterio recording session

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Mysterio recording session

Postby allthatjazz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:04 am

Not sure if this has been shared here before...I had seen a few of these pics on the producers my space page [long time ago] but here's a bunch more shots from the recording session [click on photo to get the full shot]...Guessing this was Mysterio session due to the year cited, Mark Saunders; Amazon & Parkgate Studios, 1991: https://www.marksaunders.com/ian-mcculloch/

The captions sort of write themselves... :cool:
allthatjazz
Member
Member
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:30 am

Cool. When he was still pretty, and smiling.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan
 
Posts: 4387
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby dodojojo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

I see a Bunnymen amp--were assets divided up like a divorce? Peter Hook has a funny antidote where Barney, Gillian and Stephen went into the band studio and stripped all the gear before he could get there. I think this was during one the times when New Order hadn't officially broken up but basically were not functioning. Peter didn't blame them--he would have done the same. He felt he had gotten soft because he let the others beat him to it :mrgreen:
dodojojo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby username » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 am

now that would be the order catalogue for a pledge website for a new album...
Dave Smith's second account
username
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am

Pretty cool, I've never seen these before.
User avatar
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:01 am
Location: 39°N 84°W

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby dodojojo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I like the hair--it's a great transition from the big 80's hair. He should have kept with this style.
dodojojo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby TenNewPence » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 am

dodojojo wrote:I like the hair--it's a great transition from the big 80's hair. He should have kept with this style.


I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)

Then there is Ian\Mac Ramone

TenNewPence
Member
Member
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:05 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby dodojojo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:35 am

As I said, he should have stuck with the hairstyle in these great photos. The Mac Ramone and Mac (Robin) Gibb hairstyles that followed in the 90's were not flattering.
dodojojo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am

TenNewPence wrote:I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)


Without scouring the books etc not sure how it actually happened as such - there's a few mentions if you search the forum. Jonny ignores it totally in his book. There's an interview somewhere a few years back where Jonny says it was never released because the lyrics were shite (I'm paraphrasing obviously). I htink there's some mention of Mac was already talking to Will and Will didn't want to work with JM, or something like that. Having said that the Marr co-written electrafixion stuff is probably the best - apart from Zephyr of course.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan
 
Posts: 4387
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby fat cherry » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 am

Couldn't help having a bit of a look and Mick Muddles book gives much the same story but no 'how it happened in the first place'. Best bit of that book is close to the end there's an interview with Will and Pete and Will pretty much says he hates everything about everything. NOt that that's good, itys just the mega rant he goes on - I think this is after Mac has slagged Liverpool off when his house got burgled.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan
 
Posts: 4387
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby username » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 pm

fat cherry wrote:
TenNewPence wrote:I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)


Without scouring the books etc not sure how it actually happened as such - there's a few mentions if you search the forum. Jonny ignores it totally in his book. There's an interview somewhere a few years back where Jonny says it was never released because the lyrics were shite (I'm paraphrasing obviously). I htink there's some mention of Mac was already talking to Will and Will didn't want to work with JM, or something like that. Having said that the Marr co-written electrafixion stuff is probably the best - apart from Zephyr of course.


why would jim morrison (jm) write about mac's hair?

this was one song they wrote together which jm was pissed off about it coming out




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVGYFeiD2A
Dave Smith's second account
username
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby username » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm

TenNewPence wrote:
dodojojo wrote:I like the hair--it's a great transition from the big 80's hair. He should have kept with this style.


I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)

Then there is Ian\Mac Ramone



the guy on drums looks like bernard sumner having let himself go...

mac looks like every female teen in a '60s' throwback film...
Dave Smith's second account
username
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby allthatjazz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 pm

TenNewPence wrote:
dodojojo wrote:I like the hair--it's a great transition from the big 80's hair. He should have kept with this style.


I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)

Then there is Ian\Mac Ramone



I play this from time to time...I think it's his best look...Great cover.
allthatjazz
Member
Member
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby fat cherry » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:06 am

allthatjazz wrote:
TenNewPence wrote:
dodojojo wrote:I like the hair--it's a great transition from the big 80's hair. He should have kept with this style.


I was flicking through Turquoise Days a few days back. Planning to raise a question about how Mac and Marr got together, may raise this elsewhere. However Mac talks about changing his image and Lorraine saying ditch the sticky up hair (pg 237)

Then there is Ian\Mac Ramone



I play this from time to time...I think it's his best look...Great cover.


Think I disagree- wonder if this is why he wont do any electronic stuff with young Will. Looks like he's just got out of bed.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan
 
Posts: 4387
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 am

Re: Mysterio recording session

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 am

Did he run out of hairspray?
User avatar
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan
 
Posts: 4483
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:49 am


Return to Echo & The Bunnymen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron