NEW BUNNYMEN ALBUM

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:07 am

5times wrote:Market Town and Lovers on the Run are the best bunnymen songs in a long, long time, .

Surely you mean "the best Ian McCulloch songs with Will Sergeant playing some guitar parts on them in a long, long time"? :wink:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:30 am

Well, yeah, but it's not been the proper bunnymen since they first split up.
5times

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 am

It sounds to me like the songs were so far completed by the time Will got involved that there wasn't a lot of space left for him.But seriously are those three notes he plays on holy Moses the best he could come up with
???I love Wills playing but you can hear the disinterest in it.But Lovers and Market are the best things in many years I agree.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:24 am

I've a feeling Holey Moley may be this albums Proxy but time will tell. I agree about the other two though, I'm not a fan of Mac's solo work ( :wink: ) but these two aren't half bad and I'm looking forward to hearing the full album.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Joe-eatb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 am

I have to admit "Holy Moses" is not a very good tune. But "Market Town" and "Lovers On The Run" are very good songs. I hope that "Holy Moses" is the only clunker on the new album . . . time will tell.
Joe-eatb

Postby Crystal Days » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Mr Brian, someone has hacked into Dr Cheese account. Could you please sort this out.
Crystal Days

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Crystal Days wrote:Mr Brian, someone has hacked into Dr Cheese account. Could you please sort this out.

:lol:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Wabbit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Crystal Days wrote:Mr Brian, someone has hacked into Dr Cheese account. Could you please sort this out.

:biggrin:
Even god has to soundcheck sometimes
Wabbit

Postby the ghost of guitarplayer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:21 pm

More Meteorites samples from a different angle, Very short. Quality is poor, but different to the previous stuff on 429 Records.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9153896
the ghost of guitarplayer
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Joe-eatb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm

The more I hear the album the more I'm convince that "Holy Moses" is the weakest track.
Joe-eatb

Postby the ghost of guitarplayer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Have to agree. I suspect Is This A Breakdown, Grapes Upon the Vine and Burn It Down will be I'll give them a miss thanks tracks too. Constantinople seems the stand out track. Meteorites, Explosions and New Horizons might be alright from the additional snippets.
the ghost of guitarplayer
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr.Sparkle » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Meteorites sounds a lot better in that new sample. Almost sounds like a Glide song. Some of those other samples though, eh, not really looking forward to the album outside of a few other songs at this point. Is This A Breakdown sounds really bad. Looking at the info on that page it lists the credits as Mac and Will and two other people I've never heard of for "programming".
Mr.Sparkle

Postby 5times » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:51 am

I think it's going to be a good album this. You have to take it for what it is and not try to compare it to bunnymen 1979-1984.
5times

Postby lazarus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:10 am

There's still not a single song that sounds good with those new snippets.
Everything ranks from average to awful.
And believe me, i'm not anti-EATB/Ian solo at all like most comments on this forum generally, but here it's a complete failure, there's nothing that pleases me.
Even on The Fountain i found some nice moments but here, my god.. Maybe the chorus in LOTR (but certainly not the verses). Not much more.
I really wanted to believe in this album. :cry:
lazarus

Postby crystal89 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 am

Mr.Sparkle wrote:Meteorites sounds a lot better in that new sample. Almost sounds like a Glide song. Some of those other samples though, eh, not really looking forward to the album outside of a few other songs at this point. Is This A Breakdown sounds really bad. Looking at the info on that page it lists the credits as Mac and Will and two other people I've never heard of for "programming".

I don't recognise the Michael Rendall chap but I believe that Andrea Wright has been used before, think she's on the liner notes for Siberia. So Mac and Will are using, or going back to people that they rate it seems.
crystal89

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen