Uncharitable Review of Ocean Rain

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:33 pm

JackT wrote:Remember that time he burned your house down? Classic Morrissey.

He's quite the practical joker.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby oddbunny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:12 pm

What happened to the bottle that hit Moz in the head?

Mac during several "eras" never acknowledged the other band members. Narcissistic personality perhaps?

Will & Les have found other bottles I take it.
oddbunny

Postby kook » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 am

oddbunny wrote:What happened to the bottle that hit Moz in the head?

It's on show at the Manchester Museum of Rock Curios along with a bee that once stung Ian Curtis, various implements that the Gallagher Bros have thrown at eachother down through the years, some weapons used on Corrie and a banana skin Mani is said to have slipped on but I believe that one to be fabrication.
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby the puppet » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 am

Firstly I thought that part of the aura of Ocean Rain was that it was one of the first matings/pairings of classical music/strings and a band and that made it unique in that no-one else was doing this only now 20 odd years later it's not unusual to get this union.On Mac voice if he looked after it better we maybe able to understand wtf he is saying (is this a good thing or not? i don't know I can't understand him) but we would loose those moments of that was funny but I still didn't make out what was said.
On my nostalgic trip the 1st time seeing the bunnymen was in November 81 in a small club in Sydney and Mac looked totally off his face tipping beer onto his finger tips then rubbing/applying it to his underarms as deodorant.I got to talk to all of the band but was more interested in talking to Les and almost almost got given the cap he wears on the porcupine album.But in the background Mac who 20 mins ago wasted pipes up for the lads to put their jackets on,keep warm and not get a cold totally an act on stage.The next 2 occasions got to go out drinking with the bunnymen then this years bunnymen trip downunder in Feb this year no drinks Mac was fairly much out of the venue and into the van and away-was this Mac looking after his voice?
the puppet

Postby the puppet » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:28 am

Meant to add if Mac's drug taking was/is bad how bad must have been Pete De Freitas' habit for the, to sort of kick him out of the band till he got more of his act together.But what a truly GREAT drummer.
the puppet

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen