Good luck with the forum VT!

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Is this it?

:hurray:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby barricades babe » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Or this one, Moonies?

barricades babe
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby barricades babe » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Brian, this is really great. Thank you!! :D
barricades babe
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:31 pm

admin wrote:Is this it?

:hurray:

I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!! cool! thanks! Image

i use this site a lot:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/

but they don't have the one you posted....i miss that one!! hehehee
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby barricades babe » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks for that link, Red!
I forgot about that bouncy guy. That's like this one that was fun too:

barricades babe
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby withahip » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:12 pm

How about this one? See when people get into an all out flame war, others can post this as they watch.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:04 am

lets not forget the barfing one...
so red and i can use it when the fangirls start going off about mac's beard :lol:
blinkilite

Postby Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:10 am

good one blinkie!!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby rusty » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:48 am

Hi everyone :D Glad to have some contact real music world again. :wink:
Thanks Brian!!!
rusty

Postby moondance » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 pm

They're all great! Thanks guys and thank you Brian for adding some more!
Here are a few ol' favorites.
ImageImageImage
The old swooning emoticon, useful when pics of Mac are posted.
For when things will get nasty, which will never ever happen again on the official forum:Image
When you need to give a hug:
moondance

Postby Red » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:27 pm

they should be switched around...coz Will plays a red guitar and Les' bass was blue! :D heehee
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:03 pm

Hey Brian, how long did it take you to set up this forum? Did you start working on it after the official forum was closed?

I think it's working out well so far. It's early yet, but people seem to retain interest in the bunnymen underground even with the official forum available.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:29 pm

JackT wrote:Hey Brian, how long did it take you to set up this forum? Did you start working on it after the official forum was closed?

I think it's working out well so far. It's early yet, but people seem to retain interest in the bunnymen underground even with the official forum available.

Well I already had villiersterrace.com established for a few years. Back in January after the whole bunnymen forum was lost once again. I toyed with the idea of starting my own forum. So I setup a phpbb forum and customized it and made some tweaks. Nothing really that difficult or time consuming. Most of it is automatic scripting. I never advertised it or made a link to it. I'd seen other fan forums come and go so I figured it would not get used. Somehow some spammers were signing up so I deactivated it and forgot about it. When bunnymen.com shut down their forum I just reactivated and made some minor changes and sent e-mails to the Seven Seas mailing list and sent e-mails to all the people who had e-mailed me over the years about villiersterrace.com or the bunnymen. I also posted a message at the Glide forum. I was actually surprised to see the amount of posts and support from a lot of the regular posters at bunnymen.com, you know, the ones that keep it alive.

You are right, it is early yet. We'll see if people continue to use it.
Since Oct 18th:

Number of posts: 325
Number of topics: 35
Number of users: 39

BTW, I really don't feel as though I am trying to displace the official forum, not that you said that. i just wanted to be clear on this matter. I like to think of it as an alternative or an enhancement if fans want to discuss things that may not be kosher over at the official site. I thought Ian's court case in Scotland was worthy of discussion. I think the quality of Ian's voice is worthy of discussion. I think criticism of the forum and the band itself is worthy of discussion. The forum is for the fans and the critics, not the band IMO.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Agreed. I think the Official forum needs to be more geared toward the commercial interest of the band, and be completely inoffensive to anyone who happens by. For that reason it's not a good place for nitty-gritty hardcore fan discussion. There's a place for both forums, but I bet this one gets more day-to-day traffic.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:42 pm

JackT wrote:I think the Official forum needs to be more geared toward the commercial interest of the band, and be completely inoffensive to anyone who happens by.

Which surely makes it totally redundant as a forum, if you can't discuss anything band related honestly and objectively what's the point?
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to All I Want