Canceling Vonage

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Canceling Vonage

Postby withahip » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:25 pm

I can get signed up on the spot - but I need an account manager to cancel my account.

"Can I sign up for a more expensive plan right now?"

"Sure."

"Why can't I cancel now?"

"We are customer care. Not account management."

"But you are managing my account when you sign me up."

"You are putting words in my mouth."

"You are going to put me on hold. Again."
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:36 pm

ha ha those people suck.

I narrowly avoided a nightmare myself today. I had this play-all-you-want music service from Microsoft called "Urge" that was discontinued and all the accounts were transferred over to Rhapsody.

Well, besides the fact that I HATE REAL, I would have been required to install the Rhapsody software which is not approved at work. (I was able to do Urge because it was part of WMP11.)

So, I actually had to call REAL to cancel something I never signed up for. If I hadn't had the "I can't install your software at work" excuse, canceling would have been a doubleplus nightmare.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:41 pm

I lied and said I was cancelling my high speed internet service.

Once I got someone - "No, not interested. Please just cancel. No, really don;t want the special plan for people who don't have any internet."

:roll:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:03 pm

JackT wrote:If I hadn't had the "I can't install your software at work" excuse, canceling would have been a doubleplus nightmare.

Writing that down for future reference...
snowbunny

Postby moondance » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:22 pm

Uh-oh, I have Vonage. Not looking forward to the fight at the inevitable end.
Time Warner cable is great, I suspend it all the time due to lack of funds and just pick it up again with no hassle.
moondance

Postby withahip » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:27 pm

moondance wrote:Uh-oh, I have Vonage. Not looking forward to the fight at the inevitable end.
Time Warner cable is great, I suspend it all the time due to lack of funds and just pick it up again with no hassle.

I just moved. Rather than reconnect I thought I would just cancel. A pain in the ASS.

I have Time Warner - which is ok - though the movie channel plan- can they play the same movies a few more times?

Thus, I'd like to get VIOS and satellite. Better movies.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 pm

I don't even GET any movies. I'm on the "poverty" plan! My favorite shows are the forensic stuff anyway that's on Court TV and AE and Discovery stuff on midgets (errr little people). Oh wait, I do get IFC and that's pretty good for some wierdo films from time to time.
moondance

Postby withahip » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 am

moondance wrote:I don't even GET any movies. I'm on the "poverty" plan! My favorite shows are the forensic stuff anyway that's on Court TV and AE and Discovery stuff on midgets (errr little people). Oh wait, I do get IFC and that's pretty good for some wierdo films from time to time.

I was doing one better than the poverty plan- it was the reception plan- in the city limits there is a 10 dollar plan just so one can get reception.

I want to go back to your plan but for an extra 20 dollars I get their crappy movie selection. Actually, no, it isn;t worth the extra 20 dollars. Seriously.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:15 am

moondance wrote:I don't even GET any movies. I'm on the "poverty" plan! My favorite shows are the forensic stuff anyway that's on Court TV and AE and Discovery stuff on midgets (errr little people). Oh wait, I do get IFC and that's pretty good for some wierdo films from time to time.

All this time I thought YOU were a little person.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 am

Believe it or not, there are littler people than me! :lol:
moondance

Postby black francis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:59 am

Sometimes it helps to call to "cancel". I had Charter Digital Cable with internet and finally I was like I can't justify paying this anymore, I'm gonna switch to DirectTV so I called to cancel and when they were done with me my bill was $90.00 less and they upgraded me to the fastest internet connection.

Of course it can backfire when I moved and HAD to get DirectTV the introductory NFL package with HD was $120.00. The second season it was over $500.00. I tried the "I have to cancel cause it's too much" routine and they were like "okay".

Now I'm stuck watching f*cking Raider games.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moondance » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:20 am

You're right bf. At one point my employer announced that they would be scaling us down to a 32 hour work week and I ran and downgraded whatever wasn't necessary for the time being. To keep me as a customer, some offered me better rates. I'm getting newspaper delivery for $1.50 a week!
moondance

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

moondance wrote:You're right bf. At one point my employer announced that they would be scaling us down to a 32 hour work week and I ran and downgraded whatever wasn't necessary for the time being. To keep me as a customer, some offered me better rates. I'm getting newspaper delivery for $1.50 a week!

What is a "newspaper?"
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:21 pm

JackT wrote:
What is a "newspaper?"

:lol: yeah, we haven't subscribed to one of those in the last 27 years! :lol:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall