What was I thinking when I paid good money for that album???

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

What was I thinking when I paid good money for that album???

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:31 pm

...a companion thread to "What was I thinking when I paid to see that band???"

I was eleven years old. 5th grade
Variety shows were all the rage, and I watched them avidly.
Donny & Marie
The Krofft Superstar Hour with the Bay City Rollers
The Brady Bunch Hour
The Captain and Tennille

Had I purchased a Donny Osmond album (he was a little bit rock and roll) or a Bay City Rollers album, there might be some redemption for me.

However, in 1977, I purchased Captain & Tennille's Greatest Hits - primarily on the strengths of cuts one and two on the album: "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "Muskrat Love".

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbh9c0noR4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbh9c0noR4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: What was I thinking when I paid good money for that albu

Postby Red » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:However, in 1977, I purchased Captain & Tennille's Greatest Hits - primarily on the strengths of cuts one and two on the album: "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "Muskrat Love".

now yer bringing back some memories! hahahahaa we own that album. HUGE hits when i was in school. Muskrat Love! :lol:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Red wrote: HUGE hits when i was in school. Muskrat Love! :lol:

Oh wait...you said HITS
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:47 pm

In 5th grade, there was only one student with huge tits

Gene Schwanke

He lived down the street from me.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 pm

I was forced to buy a Foghat Live album once.

I was in high school selling vinyl at the used record store. I went over to browse but I really just wanted the money. We always thought that if you looked like you were going to buy something they'd give you a better deal. So I'm just picking up albums and flipping them over like I'm interested and out of the sleeve flies this record which hits the floor and of course gets scratched.

The guy pointed that out and said I had to pay for it. I tried to argue that there was no inner sleeve and that's what caused it to roll out but I wasn't going to win the argument. He had a whole stack of my records he could keep and I was just a meek 16 year old, so he just deducted it in my trade. How kind.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:51 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:In 5th grade, there was only one student with huge tits

Gene Schwanke

He lived down the street from me.

ssshhh! he could be on this very forum, you never know! :wink:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:However, in 1977, I purchased Captain & Tennille's Greatest Hits - primarily on the strengths of cuts one and two on the album: "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "Muskrat Love".

Oh.

My.

God.
snowbunny

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:37 pm

admin wrote:I was forced to buy a Foghat Live album once.

I was in high school selling vinyl at the used record store. I went over to browse but I really just wanted the money. We always thought that if you looked like you were going to buy something they'd give you a better deal. So I'm just picking up albums and flipping them over like I'm interested and out of the sleeve flies this record which hits the floor and of course gets scratched.

The guy pointed that out and said I had to pay for it. I tried to argue that there was no inner sleeve and that's what caused it to roll out but I wasn't going to win the argument. He had a whole stack of my records he could keep and I was just a meek 16 year old, so he just deducted it in my trade. How kind.

It would have been great if after you got stuck purchasing that Foghat record, you turned around and smashed it to bits right in front of the guy. And then made a maniacal laughing sound. But I think only that stuff happens in John Cusack movies.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby black francis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 am

Albums I've purchased that I'm embarrassed of (but not really)

-My entire Erasure and Pet Shop Boys collections
-My ABBA collection
-Eddie Money
-Live "Secret Samdhi"
-My Sheila E album
-Chicago

I'll have to go back and drudge up some crap.

"Baby Hold On" is still one my all time favorite songs and anyone who disagrees has no soul

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dkf2QGC38Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dkf2QGC38Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:47 am

black francis wrote:My Sheila E album

Though tainted somewhat by her association with Prince during his whole "all my protege artists will dress and sound exactly like me" period of the mid eighties, Sheila Escovedo is one of the most talented percussionist/drummers alive.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:49 am

Are you sure you don't mean Sheena Easton? :wink:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 am

snowbunny wrote:

Oh.

My.

God.

I frickin' loved "Love will keep us together." I used to sing it to my cousins. You gotta admit the captain made that captain thing work.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:38 am

My parents used to watch the Captain and Tenille show. I have a vague memory of them "retiring" one of the Captain's hat's for some reason. They were on a boat and put it in a box and shoved it off into the ocean or something like that. It was a real big deal. I may have even cried. It never ceases to amaze me what we considered entertainment in the 70's
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:55 am

admin wrote: It never ceases to amaze me what we considered entertainment in the 70's

pfft! it never ceases to amaze me what people consider entertainment NOW!!
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:14 am

Red wrote:pfft! it never ceases to amaze me what people consider entertainment NOW!!

Dancing With the Stars is SUCH 1970s TV.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPBYZ_32jRY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPBYZ_32jRY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods