Pre Recorded Backing Tracks LIVE!!!

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Pre Recorded Backing Tracks LIVE!!!

Postby withahip » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:01 pm

So Elctra Bunny mentioned she knew something was up with Milli Vanilli when she saw them.

Has anyone noticed that backing tracks have become a major part of even the smallest band?

I saw TEH Raveneottes a few weeks ago. All the bass and tambourine was pre-recorded. The vocals were harmonized with either pre-recorded tracks or a marmonizer do hicky - and all the drums - though played - were triggers - meaning when the drum was hit it signaled a drum sound.

Opening for Shiny Toy Guns, I told the sound guy how good they sounded. He said, "They should. 70% of is canned."

Marilyn Manson has more backing tracks than the less talented Simpson sister.

Does it matter? When I saw Carter USM when I was a kid eveything was recorded except the guitars and vocals. I think the same was true for Big Audio Dynamite in 1993. Two great shows!!!

Does it matter that we pay to see bands that are glorified cds?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxbWaMzsnJo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxbWaMzsnJo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby electrabunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Yeah, that's total BS! You go to a concert to see and hear a LIVE performance, not a backing track!
electrabunny

Postby withahip » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:09 pm

electrabunny wrote:Yeah, that's total BS! You go to a concert to see and hear a LIVE performance, not a backing track!

But all bands do it now. And have for at least a decade.

The Combi-Christ show was the rapper/talker and all backing tracks. And the kids were going ape shit.

I don't think we will accept anything less than perfection when we see shows live.

The Cutter track uses recordings of the Shankar strings when the Bunnies play live.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Pre Recorded Backing Tracks LIVE!!!

Postby Red » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:12 pm

withahip wrote:Does it matter that we pay to see bands that are glorified cds?

yes, it matters! when i pay money to see a band live, they better be live! i can stay at home and play the videos, and cds! :evil:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:22 pm

electrabunny wrote:Yeah, that's total BS! You go to a concert to see and hear a LIVE performance, not a backing track!

What about GLIDE?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm

I guess I'm okay with a little pre-recorded embellishment, but NOT VOCALS! If being a singer doesn't require the ability to sing, I'd do it myself...
snowbunny

Postby Red » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:What about GLIDE?

Glide is different. That's what Glide is....one man making sounds. If a 'band' plays live, they should actually play their instruments! Glide's instrument is his laptop!, and he wrote all the stuff himself. Totally different concept.
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:30 am

Someone posted in the official forum about Mac in his prime was uncomfortable doing highs for Heads Will Roll and they had a pre-recorded vocal track and he would sing the lows live.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:47 am

black francis wrote:Someone posted in the official forum about Mac in his prime was uncomfortable doing highs for Heads Will Roll and they had a pre-recorded vocal track and he would sing the lows live.

Echo and Billy Idol (tow bands from the 80s) actually used the least pre recorded stuff of any band I have seen in the last few years.

Echo does ok by me. .. but man, Ian's voice is toast.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qo2iFRwYcNo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qo2iFRwYcNo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods