Arnel Pineda

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Arnel Pineda

Postby JackT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Have you guys heard the story of Arnel Pineda? He's a nobody from the Phillipines, who happened to be the lead singer in a cover band there.

One day, Neal Schon is surfing Youtube and comes across this guy. Turns out, he is the long-lost vocal clone of Steve Perry.

Long story short: they fly him to the US to see if that really is his voice. He is now the lead singer of Journey.

I love stories like that. I raise my glass to you Arnel.

The guy can really sing.

Here's the CBS This Morning Segment:

"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 pm

We were blasting Journey on our way to the British Sea Power show a week or so ago. Kind of left BSP seeming a bit lame.

And now seeing a guy take Journey cheese lyrics and giving them street cred. Lord.

That is pure sweetness.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:06 am

The guy went from one Journey cover band to another.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moondance » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

This made me wonder, what ever happened to Steve Perry.
There's a website called "Whatever Happened To..."
http://www.weht.net/WEHT/Steve_Perry.html
He was such a good singer with a fantastic voice even though I was never really into Journey.
If anyone really cares, here's his own page on Fan Asylum:
http://fanasylum.com/steveperry/
moondance

Postby withahip » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:32 pm

I is like the 80s schlock machine never stopped - Is this the theme for Vision Quest Part II?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLurt26ne4&feature=related[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:15 pm

withahip wrote:I is like the 80s schlock machine never stopped - Is this the theme for Vision Quest Part II?

Sweet album cover! I shall have it airbrushed onto the side of my van posthaste!
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods