Pop Tarts presents American Idols Live!

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Pop Tarts presents American Idols Live!

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu May 15, 2008 10:59 am

Sometimes reality is funnier than fiction.

I'm having a cup of coffee when Randy Jackson's voice comes on the TV. "Yo, Dog - This is Randy Jackson. Get your tickets for "Pop Tarts presents American Idols Live!"

Coffee nearly shot out my nose.

"Pop Tarts presents..."

http://www.poptarts.com/americanidolslivetour/#home

Urban Dictionary defines pop tart:

n. Slang term used for a slutty virgin in her early teens who everyone expects will get knocked up soon. "I have a bunch of f*cking annoying pop tarts in my english class."

a lip synching teeny bopper bimbo on Mtv who acts trampy (pick one). "Mtv is the pop tart channel"

coined by page six of the new york post, sugar sweet pop singer (male or female) that has zero pesonality, zero talent, more money than god, and a penchant for getting ripped at trendy urban high dollar night clubs. "pop tart britney spears was seen puking in a stall at the midtown church for club goers - Avalon."

A guy that finishes very fast...like a one pump chump. "He is such a pop tart, he finished in 2 minutes."

Actually, the use of "pop-tart" as an adjective for a slatternly pop singer was first coined by Mark Hänser in the Long Beach (California) Union Daily in 1983, first in reference to "Pat Bena-tart" then famously about Scandal's Patty Smyth (of "Goodbye To You" and "The Warrior" fame.)

By Mark Hänser, from the CSULB Union Daily's "finals week" issue of June, 1983:

"Pop Tart (pop tärt) n. 1. A delightful toaster pastry manufactured by Kellogg's of Battle Creek, MI. Often iced, the flaky treat is filled with either yummy fruits or some other sweet, such as chocolate or brown sugar-cinnamon. adj. 2. Patty Smyth, lead singer of the pop-rocking quintet Scandal. Possessing a certain fondness for leather-topped party dresses and long black gloves. Smyth follows in the footsteps of a long line of female perfomers who like to tease as much as torch. syn - Pat Benatar, Suzi Quatro."
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

So, looks like the [ahem] "rocker" won, proving that it's not about puppy dog eyes and appealing to 12 year old girls.

The finale doesn't come on here for another half hour, but I have no intention of watching it.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:So, looks like the [ahem] "rocker" won, proving that it's not about puppy dog eyes and appealing to 12 year old girls.

The finale doesn't come on here for another half hour, but I have no intention of watching it.

Archuleta was a better singer, IMO.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Oh what kind of ego busting zinger will Simon say next to crush a young person's dreams?

What gushing drunken comments will Paula make about the next contestant young enough to be her child?

Will Randy be able to explain his opinion without using the word "dawg" or "pitchy" every time?

Will the awkward and strained feud between Ryan and Simon finally come to blows?

Stay tuned for the next season of American Idol!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Thu May 22, 2008 7:16 am

Mr. Brian wrote:Stay tuned for the next season of American Idol!

why should i start now? :lol:

only ever saw one episode, and that was the finale a few years back, only coz i was at someone's house when it was on and it HAD to be watched.

no thanks!
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu May 22, 2008 8:34 am

Red wrote:why should i start now? :lol:

only ever saw one episode, and that was the finale a few years back, only coz i was at someone's house when it was on and it HAD to be watched.

no thanks!

Amen.

The recap clips on the morning news are good enough for me.

Though I will say I am surprised at the number of former Idol contestants that've won or been nominated for Grammys.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Though I will say I am surprised at the number of former Idol contestants that've won or been nominated for Grammys.

Are you really? That's pretty much where I'd expect them to be.

This is a system that gave Jethro Tull the first Hard Rock Grammy over Metallica's "...And Justice for All" and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince won over Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back" in the new Rap category that same year, 1989. Milli Vanilli also won best new artist in 1990. Winchester Cathedral beat the Beatles, A Taste of Honey beat Elvis Costello, Christopher Cross beat Sinatra and Pink Floyd.

more Grammy goofs here
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Fri May 23, 2008 1:48 pm

You're calling those Grammy Goofs?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby watercolors » Sat May 24, 2008 9:15 am

Mr. Brian wrote:Are you really? That's pretty much where I'd expect them to be.

This is a system that gave Jethro Tull the first Hard Rock Grammy over Metallica's "...And Justice for All" and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince won over Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back" in the new Rap category that same year, 1989. Milli Vanilli also won best new artist in 1990. Winchester Cathedral beat the Beatles, A Taste of Honey beat Elvis Costello, Christopher Cross beat Sinatra and Pink Floyd.

more Grammy goofs here

All stupid stuff, IMO. Kill your television.
I was really into watching Moonlight on CBS. Great show. A little fantastic, but at least it wasn't another "reality" show. Anyway, it got canned. Figures.
Screaming from beneath the waves...
watercolors

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat May 24, 2008 9:26 am

watercolors wrote:All stupid stuff, IMO. Kill your television.
I was really into watching Moonlight on CBS. Great show. A little fantastic, but at least it wasn't another "reality" show. Anyway, it got canned. Figures.

Aah. "Moonlight" - the story of a vampire police detective.

The cop-is-a-vampire thing was already done to death on "Forever Knight".

The cop-is-an-immortal thing is being done better on Fox's "New Amsterdam"

And of course, the whole immortal flashback thing was done better on "Highlander"
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun May 25, 2008 1:35 pm

I liked Moonlighting on ABC.

withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods