Death Cab For Cutie

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Death Cab For Cutie

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 pm

I've heard the new one "Narrow Stairs". I think Ben Gibbard might be one of the best lyricists of all time.

He just seems to be so adept at making the mundane and obvious so beautiful and profound. Like a whole song about a person who trades in a Queen mattress for a Twin because they didn't need the space. You just hang on every word.

"I Will Possess Your Heart" is one of the best songs I've heard all year with one of the coolest bass lines. It blows away the new Bunnymen track and the new Coldplay song that I've heard.

Why am I cursed to champion bands with silly names!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Mon May 12, 2008 9:10 pm

I am fond of them also, but have not heard the new material. There are several tracks on "Plans" that I think are just fantastic. I am usually not one to gush over lyrics, but Summer Skin and Brothers on a Hotel Bed really get me.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon May 12, 2008 9:15 pm

JackT wrote:I am fond of them also, but have not heard the new material. There are several tracks on "Plans" that I think are just fantastic. I am usually not one to gush over lyrics, but Summer Skin and Brothers on a Hotel Bed really get me.

I know what you mean! Lyrics are one of the last things I pay attention to overall. In most songs the chorus gets me or a line or three but his songs are such great stories without them being "story" songs if you know what I mean. I do seem to have to be in a particular mood to really enjoy them. Usually my morning drive to work for some reason.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Mon May 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Can one of you two recommend a good tampon?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon May 12, 2008 10:08 pm

black francis wrote:Can one of you two recommend a good tampon?

Please don't make me hate you.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 am

black francis wrote:Can one of you two recommend a good tampon?

nice
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods