Stiff Little Fingers

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Stiff Little Fingers

Postby black francis » Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Anybody into them? I saw them last night at the House of Blues in Anaheim and it was a great show. Catchy punk tunes, good energy. Twice I found myself in the mosh pit but due to concern for my beer's safety I made quick exits.

Cheap tickets, good show. If they're in your neighborhood I would recommend checking it out.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: Stiff Little Fingers

Postby tonywojo » Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 pm

black francis wrote:Anybody into them? I saw them last night at the House of Blues in Anaheim and it was a great show. Catchy punk tunes, good energy. Twice I found myself in the mosh pit but due to concern for my beer's safety I made quick exits.

Cheap tickets, good show. If they're in your neighborhood I would recommend checking it out.

Yeah worth a look - decent blokes. Original punk rockers from Belfast.
i sometimes use caps and punctuation for emphasis
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Mon May 05, 2008 4:10 pm

They were my favourite band when I was 14/15. The 1st gig that I will publicly admit going to was their Guts For Sale tour in 1979. They were always brilliant :wink: live but I haven't seen them for a few years.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Re: Stiff Little Fingers

Postby Seven Seas » Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

black francis wrote:Anybody into them? I saw them last night at the House of Blues in Anaheim and it was a great show. Catchy punk tunes, good energy. Twice I found myself in the mosh pit but due to concern for my beer's safety I made quick exits.

Seen them twice at the TLA in Philly, good show, better mosh-pit.
They were very friendly talking w/ the audience too, class....
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Mon May 05, 2008 4:34 pm

I hung out with one of the guys over the summer - but Idon't think joined till 1987 - which doesn't really make him one of the guys does it?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm

crystal daze wrote:They were my favourite band when I was 14/15. The 1st gig that I will publicly admit going to was their Guts For Sale tour in 1979. They were always brilliant :wink: live but I haven't seen them for a few years.

What's the first gig you won't publicly admit to?

The singer mentioned recently celebrating his 50th birthday but he had a lot of energy and they played like it was their last show. They were what's the word? Awesome .
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Blackheathen » Mon May 05, 2008 7:20 pm

black francis wrote:They were what's the word? Awesome .

I think you mean brilliant.
Blackheathen

Postby withahip » Mon May 05, 2008 7:21 pm

They was phat!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Tue May 06, 2008 5:25 am

black francis wrote:What's the first gig you won't publicly admit to?

After I made that post I remembered I already did admit to it on this very forum. I think once was enough.:redface: You'll have to do some work and use the search button if you're still curious.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Return to Gods Will Be Gods