RIP Seymour Stein

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

RIP Seymour Stein

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:57 pm

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: RIP Seymour Stein

Postby crystal daze » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:51 pm

Seymour Stein was one of the good ones. He could spot something great and/or potentially great in the first few bars in many cases, and sometimes he’d wait for the chorus before he decided if it was any good or not. He had taste (a word not usually associated with a record company boss), and he had edge. And he loved music and it’s rawness, because it was more real like that. The artists he signed to Sire kept their identities by and large, which is another big reason Seymour was so great. He knew why punk had to happen, and the way that became a platform for the indie and college alternative music scene, which were easily the best times (the years when things changed in the music business finally and new music was being played everywhere)we, The Bunnymen, ever had. The whole Indie Alternative world was taking off and taking over , and Seymour played a massive role in the growth of a genre of music that was more diverse than anything before and it was being heard because of College Radio and the network of stations that were sprouting up all across America. I think I’m only realising now how exciting and amazing that time was. Seymour Stein was the man who signed The Ramones !!! Incredible ears he had. And he got it. Obviously, I wish he was just beginning his Sire days; I could have learnt so much from him… Goodnight, God bless Seymour; I’m proud to have known you…
Mac Xxx :cool:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Return to Gods Will Be Gods