Tom Verlaine gorn

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Tom Verlaine gorn

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:03 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Tom Verlaine gorn

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:03 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:49 am

I generally ignored Television, as I generally ignored lots of stuff until either it wormed its way into my earholes or in moments of being grown up of being grown up I thought, hmm, I'll have a listen to this. So it was in my early 21st century solo years I got around to buying the marquee moon album. And my first thought was that it was more proggy than punk, what withose duelling/harmonising guitars*. But that's the difference between American and UK visions of 'punk' I suppose. I did like it though. I'm just wondering how many records I've bought just because will sergeant said it was good.
*does it have harmonising guitars? Yikes, I'm rambling again..........
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:04 am

Will gave credit to Tom Verlaine in the BBC Obit.

Can we start a new topic on records brought because Will (or others) says it was good ?
TenNewPence

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:20 am

fat cherry wrote:I generally ignored Television, as I generally ignored lots of stuff until either it wormed its way into my earholes or in moments of being grown up of being grown up I thought, hmm, I'll have a listen to this. So it was in my early 21st century solo years I got around to buying the marquee moon album. And my first thought was that it was more proggy than punk, what withose duelling/harmonising guitars*. But that's the difference between American and UK visions of 'punk' I suppose. I did like it though. I'm just wondering how many records I've bought just because will sergeant said it was good.
*does it have harmonising guitars? Yikes, I'm rambling again..........

I bought one of his solo albums when it came out in the late 1980s. Must have seen the video on Much Music.

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods