How to Be a Rock Star by Shaun Ryder review

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

How to Be a Rock Star by Shaun Ryder review

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:31 am

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... nd-bizarre

And while there is some valuable advice in there (never correct a good rumour; embrace your own mythology; don’t hire a manager who parties even harder than the band), it’s mainly an opportunity for him to reflect on the experience of going from a postie who didn’t know the alphabet to performing for 198,000 people in Rio.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: How to Be a Rock Star by Shaun Ryder review

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:51 am

I think I ought to know what a 'tech bro' is, but I'm not really sure. On the other hand, he's practically national treasure ststus now, him and Judy Dench.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:22 am

And Bez. :razz:

'In short, “tech bro” has become the go-to term for any man in tech who merits criticism. As the industry's reputation plummets ever further, that gets closer and closer to any man in tech, period.'
--Wired

I didn't know what it meant either. :mrgreen:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:13 am

Yeah, soz bez. He was on radio six a while ago giving his best recipe. Good call on the tech bro lookup. Did you see the Netflix series Startup? They played a blinder in that the actual techy was a girl. But she was just as 'badass' (and you may imagine me wiggling my fingers in the air there) as the dodgy business bloke and gangster she had as business partners. Sorry Spoiler alert.
Though back to reality, a company I worked for, late 2000s, the tech team, in which I had a minor role, interviewed for a new 'engineer', or coder as is the modern name, and one, noooo, was a lady. In the post-interview discussion, for some reason held just sitting around in the office, it was suggested by the team leader bloke, that on one hand she was clearly the best, but on the other we wouldn't be able to say fuck and fart in the office any more. But their consciences got the better of them, and she just had to put up with that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:52 am

:biggrin: Haven't seen Startup but do curse the computer. :razz:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods