Bye bye charlie

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Bye bye charlie

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:33 am

so......, Charlie's gone. Cool dude, though he was 80 so I'm not too sure why there's so much weeping. Though there always is isn't there. And apparently that cowbell wasn't him.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Bye bye charlie

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:55 am

Didn't know he started out as a graphic designer.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:46 am

it was the time when everyone was an art school boy - oh no, jagger was at the LSE wasn't he. For a while. Ozzy a sheet metal worker - I take it all back. No I hadn't read that before - though it might be in Wyman's massive tome and I'd just skipped it.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Never got the Rolling Stones myself. Surely their finest years are ahead of them.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:49 pm

I didn't, though I had the rolled gold compilation (and the reissue of that with several B-sides that had slipped the net shows just what a good job the initial selection committee did) until I saw them a couple of times in 82. Tattoo You is a great album, especially side 2. But eaach to his/her/their own and all that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 pm

It's always sad when someone goes but 80 is pretty good considering the life he lived. Buckle up, the baby boomer apocalypse is just warming up!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fat cherry » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:26 am

I keep thinking that Mr B - every time someone that old kicks it and there's an outpouring of grief - tyhough that apparent personal connection with someone you've never really met is kind of interesting.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:46 am

fat cherry wrote:I keep thinking that Mr B - every time someone that old kicks it and there's an outpouring of grief - tyhough that apparent personal connection with someone you've never really met is kind of interesting.

We still have some really big ones that haven't left us yet that are all getting up there in age, McCartney, Dylan, Jagger. Some may not be big fans of them for whatever reason but the impact they had on popular music is inarguable in that they have collectively influenced and connected with 100s of millions of people over six decades.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fat cherry » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:38 am

A few years ago on a New Year's eve me and a mate being a bit worse for wear, decided to make a list and see who made it over the next twelve months. Seemed amusing at the time but I'm not sure if its because, though not that old we are now almost fair game for the grim reaper we don't do it any more. well, not an actual list. But you are right, that generation is just going to fade away (I like a euphemism) and yet live forever (and there goes another one)
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:01 am

fat cherry wrote:I didn't, though I had the rolled gold compilation (and the reissue of that with several B-sides that had slipped the net shows just what a good job the initial selection committee did) until I saw them a couple of times in 82. Tattoo You is a great album, especially side 2. But eaach to his/her/their own and all that.

Let It Bleed for me. Maybe because the great Ry Cooder is on it
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:36 am

Only found out recently that tattoo you is more or less outtakes from other seventies albums. WOuldn't mind filling in pre-80s gaps
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods