Toyah and Robert

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Toyah and Robert

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm

So one of the funniest/strangest things to appear during the lockdown, I found, was Toyah and Robert Fripp doing songs and talking and more on the internet tube. Couldn't stand Toyah back in the day though she seems to be kind of national treasure status these days, and old fripp, well the guitar work on bowies albums aside still can't get my head around the king crimson stuff (though theres a funny bit in that Prog at the BBC doc on BBC4 where BIll Bruford (I think) says that when he was in Yes they would have endless discussions about whether they ought to write a song in 7/13 time signature, but when he joined King Crimson it was assumed thatthey would - let it sink in, then you'll laugh), but back to West Country Bob and his missus - well we're of an age aren't we but the younger generation must think why is that granny wearing that see through top and dancing/climbing in what seems to be an S&M dungeon, or even on the aga, and why is that old geezer playing not just nirvana riffs but playing all the guitar parts in one go. I still think she can't sing but you know, the tops do seems to be getting more see through as time goes by and it is bonkers by anyones standards. A sample, in case its passed you by, but theres tons of it

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Toyah and Robert

Postby TenNewPence » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Prog rock is still a mystery to me

I hope this post doesn't get my account closed
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:11 pm

nah I don't get it either. I say that now I'm a grown up. Used to just say it was shite.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 am

That white top could do with a couple of tweaks. :redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 pm

fat cherry wrote:nah I don't get it either. I say that now I'm a grown up. Used to just say it was shite.

As a teenager in the early 70's it mainly was Prog or Heavy Rock. Neither my cup of tea. Thank god (imo) for the likes of Bowie & Roxy then Dr Feelgood to lay the path to Punk & New Wave. Having older siblings I picked up the good 60's stuff and later went back to discover the likes of the Doors and the Velvets. Also Punk & New Wave allowed me to find new bands that I felt were mine or for my generation
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:24 am

she's getting more and more naked every week.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods