Closet cleaning - Bunnymen items/rarities

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: Closet cleaning - Bunnymen items/rarities

Postby fat cherry » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:17 pm

how did you manage to get your hands on that? You don't have to answer, obviously :biggrin: . Does it play? I've got rolls of film from that period - just my own, nothing important as such and they've deteriorated really badly - might not be a fair comparison under the Ts&Cs of 'what do I know' - I'd be worried first time out I'd be needing the pencil respooler. Interesting artefact though. Have you posted on any of the facebook groups?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:42 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm

fat cherry wrote:how did you manage to get your hands on that? You don't have to answer, obviously :biggrin: . Does it play? I've got rolls of film from that period - just my own, nothing important as such and they've deteriorated really badly - might not be a fair comparison under the Ts&Cs of 'what do I know' - I'd be worried first time out I'd be needing the pencil respooler. Interesting artefact though. Have you posted on any of the facebook groups?

I originally bought it off of eBay on/around Nov 1, 2011. Thats when I first took a pic of it. The seller (from Liverpool) had loads of old Bunnymen posters and memorabilia that he was selling. I met up with him for the items I purchased and he gave me the background info on them. Will also confirmed it was definitely his and was one of the seven. I honestly never played it as I haven’t had a cassette player in forever. The tape was in great condition when I bought it. I haven’t posted it anywhere besides on eBay.

I can’t see the FB link as I left the group in/around June 2019 or so. It’s nice to hear someone found it.
Psychedelicfur

Postby fat cherry » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:02 pm

I couldn't remember if it's a closed group or not. I love these little stories though, tons more interesting than the fanboy stuff, though for all I know you might be the boy himself. Good luck with your sales.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:59 pm

fat cherry wrote:I couldn't remember if it's a closed group or not. I love these little stories though, tons more interesting than the fanboy stuff, though for all I know you might be the boy himself. Good luck with your sales.

I was Will’s partner for nearly 5 years (or 9 depending on how you look at it). Not a boy. :biggrin: Thank you for the well wishes on the sales.
Psychedelicfur

Postby fat cherry » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:56 am

Psychedelicfur wrote:I was Will’s partner for nearly 5 years (or 9 depending on how you look at it).

ah, its complicated then. I think we've all had one of those :-)
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:14 pm

fat cherry wrote:
Psychedelicfur wrote:I was Will’s partner for nearly 5 years (or 9 depending on how you look at it).

:smile: :smile: :smile: that made me laugh, thank you! A lot of people forget that talented musicians and artists are real people too so when you deal with it on that level, it becomes its own monster. Sometimes monsters can be good but when they cross the line, they become bad monsters. In any event for the auctions, I’m happy the items are going to good homes. I’ve come full circle with my experience in doing an art show and now I’m a dealer! Who knew. The art also won’t hold its value in later years for a bunch of reasons so this was the perfect time to get rid of it. I have some paintings that can go at a later date as well.
Psychedelicfur

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:27 pm

fat cherry wrote:

:eek: What, you've had a Bunnyman FC? Do tell!!!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 am

I did think, as soon as I posted, that is open to misinterpretation, but then thought, nah, the kind folks at VT know me well enough by now and will interpret accordingly. I've occasionally not acted my age down at the front and regretted it the next day is all I can admit to. My comfort zone is light foot tapping at the back, pint nursed in hand. Oh no, there I go again. Yikes.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:43 am

I once went to all three xmass shows in liverpool in a row

watched the show from three positions
Front, back and balcony

each one a different experience

But never as good as the early 80's

perhaps thats just my my youth speaking

I
King Of Kings

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:46 am

I think all us old geezers are looking for that a bit 'what it used to be like, but never going to be the case. Weirdest recent one was the other year at butlins, was at the back but it was only about 10 yards away, and there's glitter balls in the air and sea creatures painted on the walls. And it was quite a good one, but maybe not as good as the Fall who I'd just watched in an even smaller butlins disco aroundt he corner, but then I dont have much history with the Fall. But deffo not hammersmith palais with them all in a line across the front of the stage. But more dignified than jonny marr the next night (at butlins, keep up!!!) who kept wandering in front of his mic and wiggling his hips at us as if we wanted him to do that. What we wanted we finally got when he clicked the 'how soon is now button' on his stomp box.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Psychedelicfur wrote: The art also won’t hold its value in later years for a bunch of reasons so this was the perfect time to get rid of it. I have some paintings that can go at a later date as well.

Lucky you're saying that on a forum with only four people on it :-) I bought the set of postcards when they came out which are somewhere in a drawer. Mrs FC doesn't blink at paying loads for bits of art (I'm a bit 'how bloody much?) but none of this stuff was her bag. Don't mind a few stripes myself.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:38 am

fat cherry wrote:
Psychedelicfur wrote: The art also won’t hold its value in later years for a bunch of reasons so this was the perfect time to get rid of it. I have some paintings that can go at a later date as well.

Lucky you're saying that on a forum with only four people on it :-) I bought the set of postcards when they came out which are somewhere in a drawer. Mrs FC doesn't blink at paying loads for bits of art (I'm a bit 'how bloody much?) but none of this stuff was her bag. Don't mind a few stripes myself.

I bought Will's original 'Caligula' and 'Chocolate Orange' from the first Penny Lane exhibition. Like Psychedelicfur mentioned, I doubt they're worth any more now than when I bought them but I like them as paintings not just that they were painted by Will. I do like the odd bit of art but having worked in a gallery / museum for over a decade am well aware of the bullshit, arse-licking and pretentiousness involved on all sides, that plus the fact that a very large proportion of the work exhibited was absolute bollocks, but there were a few (and probably unsurprisingly, from the least pretentious and self-obsessed of the 'artists') very talented individuals which stood out a bloody mile from the rest of the dirge.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:31 pm

King Of Kings

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 am

King Of Kings wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Echo-The-Bunnymen-Will-Sergeant-Original-Weird-As-Fish-Cassette-Tape-One-Of-7/193738606300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&autorefresh=true

£500 - madness

What a fantastic price. Congrats on the sale. I'm sure it went for about 80 quid last time round?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods