Closet cleaning - Bunnymen items/rarities

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Closet cleaning - Bunnymen items/rarities

Postby Psychedelicfur » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Hope this is ok to post it here. Didn’t want to do in the main forum in case it wasn’t. Thank you in advance Mr.
Brian.

I’m going to be getting rid of some Bunnymen rarities that I’ve acquired over the past decade. I’ll be putting stuff up over the next month like WS Art, Cds, Vinyl, art postcard sets, one of the 7 Weird As Fish Cassettes from the 70s amongst other things. Feel free to check it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-The-Bunny ... f371988af3
Psychedelicfur

Re: Closet cleaning - Bunnymen items/rarities

Postby fat cherry » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 am

good luck. I'm not really a collector (though I had a bit of a phase during my wild mad single years in the 2000s) so probably won't be bidding, but I see from the 'also of interest' links bunnymen cache seems to be going up - 95 dollars for a tour programme?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-The-Bunny ... 1196.m2219

think I'll give that one a miss too. 105 fro people are strange in the lost boiys sleeve, I've got that........ 250 for buunnymen neworder tour poster, christ, and 150 for a dancing horses test pressing, jeeeez......, as they say.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 pm

The buy it now prices are crazy. Gonna post more stuff in the next week or so. Only did a reserve for one of the items so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-The-Bunny ... ca49cd77ac
Psychedelicfur

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 pm

No guitars? :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:06 pm

fat cherry wrote:good luck. I'm not really a collector (though I had a bit of a phase during my wild mad single years in the 2000s) so probably won't be bidding, but I see from the 'also of interest' links bunnymen cache seems to be going up - 95 dollars for a tour programme?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-The-Bunny ... 1196.m2219

think I'll give that one a miss too. 105 fro people are strange in the lost boiys sleeve, I've got that........ 250 for buunnymen neworder tour poster, christ, and 150 for a dancing horses test pressing, jeeeez......, as they say.

Buy It Now prices are always a bit misleading aren't they. You can find more accurate values by searching sold items and all that seems to shift for tasty prices these days is the red Peel album which came out a couple of years back.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:No guitars? :wink:

Thank you for the reminder and the laugh. I appreciate that! :biggrin: Not even selling my Rickenbacker that Will used for a few years. It broke on the last tour, was never was fixed. More costs incurred as usual on my dime. Surprise, surprise (no surprise).

I put them all up at $0.99 so it's like Bunnymen Poundland or the 99 Cent Store. That should show the true value. Gonna list more next week. It's better to go to a good home rather than sit in my closet.
Psychedelicfur

Postby fat cherry » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:15 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 am

No, mine is a 6 string. Can’t remember when he started using it but was the last 2-3 years if I remember correctly. Might be in some live videos here and there on the longer tours.
Attachments
1322E738-E7E0-4C08-8E6C-E7E3D779683E.jpeg
1322E738-E7E0-4C08-8E6C-E7E3D779683E.jpeg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
Psychedelicfur

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm

:twisted:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 pm

One of the members of The Seahorses is selling his guitar signed by John Squire. In the auction, he went on to say it wasn’t John’s guitar nor did he play it. Imagine buying something from an honest seller and not from a group of conmen.

Andy Watts
Some of you know I was in a dodgy Britpop band The Seahorses with The Stone Roses guitarist John Squire. I’m having a clear out and selling an old Fender Mustang that John signed back in the 90s during rehearsals.

It’s faded due to being out in direct light over the years and gigged so is a little battered. But hey - aren’t we all?

Here’s some pics and it’s on eBay for a few days. All info pertaining to it there.
Happy bidding.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Musta ... SwmFNflWwp
Psychedelicfur

Postby fat cherry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54 am

dont really get why having someone scrawl their name on something makes it more worth having - oo this was once within a nanometer of john squire. Similar thing a few years ago someone had a cheap tele owned by a roadie I think, will sergeant might have played on the odd occasion though initially it hinted strongly it was Will's guitar, but wasn't. A few years ago when there was a crowd funded CD by the sarge I think I requested that he didn't sign it, cds being quite small and I'd prefer to look at the artwork rather than the wiggly line Will claims is his autograph.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 am

fat cherry wrote:dont really get why having someone scrawl their name on something makes it more worth having - oo this was once within a nanometer of john squire. Similar thing a few years ago someone had a cheap tele owned by a roadie I think, will sergeant might have played on the odd occasion though initially it hinted strongly it was Will's guitar, but wasn't. A few years ago when there was a crowd funded CD by the sarge I think I requested that he didn't sign it, cds being quite small and I'd prefer to look at the artwork rather than the wiggly line Will claims is his autograph.

That’s the guitar Voodoo Billy was hinting at above. It was owned by one of Bunnymen “management” (saying that term loosely) and they put it up for auction along with a COA from Will. Seemed ok. It was only until after the auction ended that Will said it wasn’t actually his and then tried to cover everyone’s a** by saying he played it for 5 minutes on a “tour” (that was pretty much a show down the street). They then tried to say it was worth the price paid because of that + Les repainted it. I was the supposed winner of the auction and it took a lot of work to get my money back. Think Will had to step in to help because the manager wasn’t returning the funds. Poor performance by all, including Will, who knew it wasn’t his guitar but let it pass like it was. I reckon he was getting a cut of the dodgy profits. Anything to make $5.
Psychedelicfur

Postby fat cherry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 pm

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm

fat cherry wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BZxNGVah2WQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Yes, that's mine!! And I was there too. The show was at a really pretty winery but neither of us like wine so it was a bit of a miss.

What a great pic. Thank you for sharing. My guitar looks lovely.
Psychedelicfur

Postby Psychedelicfur » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Kounelaki wrote:

:twisted:

One of the seven Weird As Fish cassettes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193738606300
Psychedelicfur

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods