Chris Frantz Remain In Love

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Chris Frantz Remain In Love

Postby TenNewPence » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 am

Follow up to my off topic about the Grey LP. Thanks FC for coming back on the book. Not seen the review in Mojo. Weekly trips to Waitrose Library curtailed under lockdown,. However did see a review in Sunday Times and now on my Amazon Wish list.

Mrs Tennapenny's hairdresser is reading it so when she goes back to get her highlights done I will make sure she ask him for his review and highlights :cool: .
TenNewPence

Re: Chris Frantz Remain In Love

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 pm

took me a minute to work out shy I got a shout out there, :-) I'd quite like to read it sometime - sometimes even if you have no real interest you get a bit of perspective on a scene, wonder if he says much about debbie - have you read hers? That was kind of, interesting in places, yep, lets leave it at that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:29 am

FC you are always worth a shout out. The missus hairdresser is a big Bowie Buzzcocks fan and he is reading it at the moment. He also recommends Debbie's book. Did read after hearing Sean Kevney on 6 music say he was reading The Ballad Of Bob Dylan. Worth a read I picked up a second hand copy on Amazon for a few quid. Seems there are a lot of egos and nastiness in artists and musicians
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Kind of related. Daves big suit making a comeback.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:34 am

fat cherry wrote:Kind of related. Daves big suit making a comeback.

Top film watched it again a few months ago.

Always amazes me as I first saw Talking Heads around the time of Fear Of Music in a small venue, so different to the Stop Making Sense tours.
TenNewPence

Return to Gods Will Be Gods