Surely some mistake

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Surely some mistake

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 am

Even by the standards of the lower reaches of the recipients of this award I gasp for a credulous explanation

http://www.nme.com/photos/22-glorious-y ... rd-1417150

Liam? Fucking? Gallagher? Obviously it'll fuel the so called feud between the bros which seems to be a staple of the sorry old NME's reporting these days. In my day etc? Steven Wells will be spinning in his grave.

BTW here's a ist of previous winners

http://www.nme.com/photos/22-glorious-y ... rd-1417150

Also, keep hearing gallagher the younger's latest record. Someone has actually managed to get him to lose the famous whine. On the other hand he sounds like he's trying to sound like Noel (when he's trying to sound like the Beatles). Also note the 'looking down (or is it an actual 'don't look down'' lyric - Mac's not on his list of songwriting chums is he?

Rant over.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Surely some mistake

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 am

Godlike Genius? :lol:

I was quite fond of Oasis back in their hey-day, the Supersonic documentary is a good watch if only for the footage of them playing a gig in The States, off their heads on coke and everyone playing a different song at the same time.

I find all the I hate you more than you hate me bollocks a bit tedious now though.

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am

Watched that over christmas and did like it - as I did their first couple of albums and the b-sides album, after that went downhill apart from a couple of singles (the one with the video with the welsh bloke who looks like them as the undertaker for example) . When Mrs FC (90s lineup) decided to keep my Oasis albums in the er settlement, such as it was, I didn't moan too loudly (I'd already done a dawn raid to save the most important stuff) and haven't replaced any of them - though I do have definitely wotsit somewhere) and haven't replaced them. And yes the 'you're rubbish/not as rubbish as you' twitter nonesense is just that isn't it. I think we're lucky MAc doesn't seem to understand that kind of stuff.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:08 am

Can't be arsed posting a new thread. NG doing JD. LG response.

LG wrote: I must once again apologise on behalf of my family for Rkids piss poor and damn rite blasphemous version of joy division’s love will tear us apart tut fucking tut SORRY

I mean he's kind of right isn't he, bit plain. Despite the choir's best efforts.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:17 pm

This interview from noelly is a bit different, as in he doesn't spend ghe whole thing slagging other bands off and almost sensible. Also, and most importantly a Mac mention....., refers to him as royalty, along with moz. You'll have to read it fir the context, if you can be arsed.

https://www.nme.com/features/music-inte ... es-3451058
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods