The Return of The KLF?

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

The Return of The KLF?

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:44 am

This all sounds a bit shit, I want some banging '90's technopop not a crappy novel trilogy that's probably a load of pretentious wank.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... -2023-book
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: The Return of The KLF?

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 pm

What sort of wank would you prefer. Drummond seems to excel at the pretensious kind. But then thats the kind that gets most publicity i spose.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:16 am

fat cherry wrote:What sort of wank would you prefer.

Well quite obviously not the pretentious kind.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:
fat cherry wrote:What sort of wank would you prefer.

Well quite obviously not the pretentious kind.

:lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:09 pm

on the bbc now, haven't listened to it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b091zz3q
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 am

I was going to have a listen then saw it lasts for an hour and decided I couldn't be arsed.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I was going to have a listen then saw it lasts for an hour and decided I couldn't be arsed.

That's why we have the FC Summary Service. We'll get a thirty second appraisal of it tomorrow and save ourselves a whole 59.5 minutes. Might even pop over and have a look at our friend sat on the desk with a ruler in the Jarvis Cocker thread if I feel that way inclined. :redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:51 pm

hoho
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:49 am

C'mon FC, you need to listen to it so that we don't have to!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Or, even more fun, I'll do a review before listening, and then listen and see how close I was? Obviously you'll have to trust me. Though salient points - that album with all the abba samples (that was them wasn't it?'), sheep guts and machine guns, tammy wynette, burning a million quid (and Copey opining that if that wasnt a hoax, it wasnt entirely all theirs to burn. The end. Various art projects of varying degrees of worth - some of cauty's miniature stuff is mildly amusing I'd say. And having Drummond come and make soup could go either way i suppose. Lets see.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm

OK, you asked for it........

standard music biog. No cope, got that wrong, or criticism of any kind really. But pretty much as expected. Only really goes up its arse towards the end when talking about K foundation bollocks. Fast forward to about 55:40 to hear their mate Gimpy (Gumpy - don't recall) stating what most of us, esp Cheesey, believe anyways. The Tammy Wynette part is prob the most interesting.

Interesting found whilst doing internet research, cauty, before he got wild and wacky, did that famous athena Gandalf poster as a young chap.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 am

fat cherry wrote:OK, you asked for it........

standard music biog. No cope, got that wrong, or criticism of any kind really. But pretty much as expected. Only really goes up its arse towards the end when talking about K foundation bollocks. Fast forward to about 55:40 to hear their mate Gimpy (Gumpy - don't recall) stating what most of us, esp Cheesey, believe anyways. The Tammy Wynette part is prob the most interesting.

Interesting found whilst doing internet research, cauty, before he got wild and wacky, did that famous athena Gandalf poster as a young chap.

Thank you FC, very interesting.
Didn't know Cauty had done the Athena poster, although I always preferred the one of the tennis girl scratching her arse myself, always seemed to brighten a trip to Woolies, flipping through the poster flipper thing looking for that one.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:51 am

Voodoo Billy wrote: although I always preferred the one of the tennis girl scratching her arse myself, always seemed to brighten a trip to Woolies, flipping through the poster flipper thing looking for that one.

:biggrin:

The tammy part, as it were, they'd done the track and Drummond goes, what this needs is tammy wynette, so they phone her up there and then and she listens to it down the phone just goes, OK. So Bill flies out and they record her vocal - except he says its crap - but how to tell Tammy. Luckily, standing by tammy, is her man (see what I did there), or husband/producer as he was known, and he takes her through it again until its the best they think they can get it. Its all in tune but not in time, anywhere - Tam's never sung to drum machines and BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM music before. So Bill comes back with the tapes, but a bit down cos its not really worked. Plays it to Cauty who says, its OK, we've got some kit that can fix that - an early version of protools or something and BOOM, mega hit. Well I thought it was interesting. Not as interesting as that tennis players arse obv. One of my flatmates had that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am

fat cherry wrote:Fast forward to about 55:40 to hear their mate Gimpy (Gumpy - don't recall) stating what most of us, esp Cheesey, believe anyways.

I must admit I loved all this silly bollocks :biggrin: :

Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods