The Return of The KLF?

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: The Return of The KLF?

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:55 am

fat cherry wrote: Luckily, standing by tammy, is her man (see what I did there)

:lol: :lol:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 pm

fat cherry wrote:Not as interesting as that tennis players arse obv. One of my flatmates had that.

Lucky sod. :biggrin:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:14 pm

They, well, not quite sure who cos I got to where I was supposed to be in the car and had to get out and see someone etc, but item on Jeremy Vine this lunchtime about the pyrimid made of bricks made of ashes thing. Last half hour I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dhx2
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:47 pm

KLF assert justified and ancient copyright claim to block documentary
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... ocumentary
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:43 am

Hmmmm. Maybe it's another art statement. Sigh, if only I could bullshit to that extent. I tend to think of copey as a but of a tosser but when he said 'it wasn't really their money'......., I could could go on..... alternatively,
P
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:51 pm

fat cherry wrote:Hmmmm. Maybe it's another art statement. Sigh, if only I could bullshit to that extent. I tend to think of copey as a but of a tosser but when he said 'it wasn't really their money'......., I could could go on..... alternatively,
P

Loved them to bits back in the day and still listen to the magnificent Chill Out regularly, but to quote the great bacon butty avoider "The joke isn't funny anymore" and it's been bordering on tedious for a while now.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:53 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:51 am

Back when I did that interview with Noel Burke http://www.villiersterrace.com/burke.htm with forum submitted questions, I e-mailed Drummond to see if we could do the same type of interview. He was nice enough to reply but declined...I copied his reply below:

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your email and invitation. I have enjoyed looking at the site and have just read the Noel Burke interview where I think he comes over very well and am pleased he has such a positive take on it all.

As for me, I think I said everything that I have wanted to say in my story From The Shores Of Lake Placed published in 45. I do not have a problem with you publishing all of that on your site. That said I do not have it on my hard drive, you would have to take it direct from the book.

Yours,

Bill Drummond
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fat cherry » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:57 am

More from the bloke who made it.
After meeting Bill and Jimmy and being politely told to piss off.......
It was my cameraman Chris smiths fault when he drunkenly asked, well what would the klf do?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... m=facebook
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 am

A bit in the latest Mojo - which just for a change has a bunch of old farts on the cover, in this case Pink Floyd as its a neat number of years since Dark Side was released. Bit of a meagre spread really - just other people talking about the songs and a section from a book about Hipgnosis. Anyways in the songs section P.P. Arnold talks about Great Gig In The Sky and how she auditioned to do it with Roger on tour (didn't get it). Anyway talking about Clare Torry who did the original vocal she says (yeah I'm getting there, KLF and all that) "I'm so glad Clare got her credit in the end [following 2005 legal challenge] because the improvised melody is so wonderful. And you know, I've gone in the studio and done things with people like The KLF, they give you a little space to do something and then you give it to them. In the case of the KLF's 3am Eternal it's the hook of the tune, and we had an arrangement that they would pay me 5%, and they never did. And then they burn the money! Not cool" I think Copey has said at some point 'it wasn't all their money to burn' too.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods