New Order

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: New Order

Postby crystal daze » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 am

fat cherry wrote:Just read Stephen Morris's book (so you don't have to!!! yay) ... Good stuff.

Cheers F.C. :lol:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm

crystal daze wrote:
fat cherry wrote:Just read Stephen Morris's book (so you don't have to!!! yay) ... Good stuff.

Cheers F.C. :lol:

That's all I read of FC's post as well. Thanks FC. Shame you didn't read Morrissey's autobiog (you know the one with a picture of him sniffing his own fart on the cover) so I didn't have to! :wink: :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:40 pm

Thanks, FC.

Bernard hates the way Hooky eats his crisps

:laughing-smiley:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Hooky's selling off more shit. Get yourself an nme award, or maybe a synth they did blue Monday on.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/peter-ho ... rd-2980239
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 am

apparently Hoohy's on with Jeremy (soft voice soft voice) Vine (BBC R2) today.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:34 am

At Halifax Piece Hall last night. Great venue, fantastic gig. There's how to reimagine songs. Didn't even recognise age of consent til he started the 'I'm not to type to...' bit. Everything disco'd up pretty much, massive telly at the back with loony graphics, barney wandering the stage with microphone in hand like val doonican, and yet it all worked. Great night. Hardly missed Mr grumpy stage right at all.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:52 am

Also, they had lasers. Haven't seen lasers at a gig for years. Maybe they'd gone out of fashion. Or maybe I just haven't seen a band who could afford lasers for a long time
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:10 am

Thanks for letting us know, er, how it felt, FC. :razz: Haven't been a gig since 2019. (Massive Attack could probably afford lasers.)
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:39 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Thanks for letting us know, er, how it felt, FC. :razz: Haven't been a gig since 2019. (Massive Attack could probably afford lasers.)

Got tickets for John Grant in Liverpool tomorrow night. Might it be worth opening a 'back to gigs' thread?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Just watching strictly come dancing and the first man-man gay couple did a tango to blue Monday.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am

Just finished reading Hooky's New Order book, and what a mighty tome it is. Laugh out loud funny in places, even some of the 'took a load of drink and drugs and did some mad stuff' stories are funny, plus all the geeky gear stuff and notes on pretty much all the recordings. Having said that at about 750 pages, rthough mostly a rollicking read does start to drag a bit and you might wonder why he didn't just call it '750 reasons why I hate bernard sumner' because thats what it seems to come down to. He seems convinced that ever since they atsrted the band Bernard has been plotting to take over control. Steve & Gillian hardly get a mention, though what there is is totally dismissive of Gillian even dismisses their daughters illness as fairly trivial and anyway his daughter had to spend time in hospital too so there.

Lots of bunnymen mentions mostly to do with Mac - can hear a wrap being unfolded at 100m paces, makes bernard look like an angel with his a drink/drug use, moodyness, actual fights with 'the bass player' etc. Also alleges the joint headline tour in 80s was concocted by him and Mac so that they could take turns enjoying the after show party because headliners usually miss out while everybody else is snorting all the coke. BUt then keeps hearing that Bunnymen are headlining it all, Mac denies it but the managers and agents say thats what Mac said etc. Eventually Mac fesses up - calls it LSS - lead singer syndrome.

Think I'm all done reading about this lot now then.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:44 pm

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:22 am

And happy birthday Blue Monday. Well, yesterday. Interweb kept telling me it was 40 years old, and also suggesting now and agina I buy the latest remix. Not sure I need another.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:39 am

I'm waiting for the reissue of Bizarre Love Triangle. Probably second favourite NO single after Temptation
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:48 pm

I was fancying - not sure why - hearing the full 17 minutes or so of elegia but it's on some ridiculously priced reissue of the album, so ill probably have to forgo. Though I have been listening alot to the MIF live stuff alot recently. With even U2 joining the remaining malarkey I can't help thinking NO did a fantastic job of making different versions whilst keeping them exactly the same. Though maybe that's not actually reimagining. Where was I?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods