New Order

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: New Order

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 am

fat cherry wrote:I was fancying - not sure why - hearing the full 17 minutes or so of elegia but it's on some ridiculously priced reissue of the album, so ill probably have to forgo. Though I have been listening alot to the MIF live stuff alot recently. With even U2 joining the remaining malarkey I can't help thinking NO did a fantastic job of making different versions whilst keeping them exactly the same. Though maybe that's not actually reimagining. Where was I?

I'll have to dig that one out now you mention it FC. Hardly ever listen to New Order and never got into the stuff they released after my school days (True Faith and all that). I think that 17 minute Elegia is on the bonus CD in the RETRO set from years back, probably before 'retro' was even a thing, we're all bloody retro by now!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:34 am

Speak for yourself VB, I just bought a Sleaford Mods CD. File under - dont go on the internet after drinking lots of beer - and I know thats a rule forged long ago. Not sure its my thing and I'll stick with safe bets from now on.

My NO interest was v much renewed the MIF release by the recent gig at Halifax,. I'll look up that box set - if I can afford a Sleaford Mods cd thats going to get minimal play, I'm sure I can stretch. Oo-er missis.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:17 am

fat cherry wrote:Speak for yourself VB, I just bought a Sleaford Mods CD. File under - dont go on the internet after drinking lots of beer - and I know thats a rule forged long ago. Not sure its my thing and I'll stick with safe bets from now on.

My NO interest was v much renewed the MIF release by the recent gig at Halifax,. I'll look up that box set - if I can afford a Sleaford Mods cd thats going to get minimal play, I'm sure I can stretch. Oo-er missis.

The one with the long version of Elegia is the 5 disc version (the track's on the bonus disc that came with initial copies I think).
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:40 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
fat cherry wrote:I was fancying - not sure why - hearing the full 17 minutes or so of elegia but it's on some ridiculously priced reissue of the album, so ill probably have to forgo. Though I have been listening alot to the MIF live stuff alot recently. With even U2 joining the remaining malarkey I can't help thinking NO did a fantastic job of making different versions whilst keeping them exactly the same. Though maybe that's not actually reimagining. Where was I?

I'll have to dig that one out now you mention it FC. Hardly ever listen to New Order and never got into the stuff they released after my school days (True Faith and all that). I think that 17 minute Elegia is on the bonus CD in the RETRO set from years back, probably before 'retro' was even a thing, we're all bloody retro by now!

Yes it is on RETRO must be sometime in the early 00's I brought that for about £30.
TenNewPence

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods