Do You Like Rock Music?

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Do You Like Rock Music?

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm

The vocal mix is . .unusual? I decided I like the music enough to accept that vocal mix on the first few tracks for what it is. It is like hearing a MBV Loveless mix on a Pulp/Coldplay record. Not a bad thing, just seems a waste for such a great voice.

I love what they did with synths and samples on this cd. Tidal Wave-esque. It doesn't sound like MBV, but if you like them you will like this. I think.

Later tracks become clearer making for a good variety of sounds - from the Coldplay/ Arcade Fire anthems to the bright Housemartin's feel of "Open The Door."

It gets better with each listening.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:25 pm

To those not in the know, he is referring to the new one by British Sea Power.

I like it but I have not given it a good listen. I usually scan through an album the first time and then go back and pick things out.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:30 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:To those not in the know, he is referring to the new one by British Sea Power.

Oops.

It has gotten much better with repeated listening.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25VF8q9H8ig&feature=related[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 am

Love me some "Rock Music"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbRbCtIgW3A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbRbCtIgW3A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:50 pm

This album gets better with each listening. Even the vocals change style. I haven't felt this strongly about an album since Heaven Up Here.

Oh, and the instrumental is amazing, too.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 am

its great, but I would say that.
Typically pedantic, I would also say they can go one better.
US tour at the mo, so all you Statesiders should go see.
older by the day
Lancashire Fusileer

Return to Gods Will Be Gods