The Cure

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: The Cure

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 am

New Cure album going to be the last one...... shocker

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-cure ... st-2967978
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Psychedelicfur » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:46 am

Seems like they know when to exit. Only saw them once at the Hollywood Bowl. Smashing show and the time seemed to go by so quickly. Think they played for 3+ hours.

When Will was my partner, I asked him if he’d take me to see The Cure in Manchester. Think it was around 2016. He said no. He said he couldn’t deal with how big they got and that he’d have to sit in a big arena watching that. I said can’t we just go and watch the show? He liked their music. He said no. True story. He may change his tune later in the event that this makes its way to him. Would be typical of him.
Psychedelicfur

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:28 pm

Psychedelicfur wrote:Seems like they know when to exit. Only saw them once at the Hollywood Bowl. Smashing show and the time seemed to go by so quickly. Think they played for 3+ hours.

When Will was my partner, I asked him if he’d take me to see The Cure in Manchester. Think it was around 2016. He said no. He said he couldn’t deal with how big they got and that he’d have to sit in a big arena watching that. I said can’t we just go and watch the show? He liked their music. He said no. True story. He may change his tune later in the event that this makes its way to him. Would be typical of him.

I sense some unresolved anger issues here? :lol: :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:54 pm

fat cherry wrote:New Cure album going to be the last one...... shocker

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-cure ... st-2967978

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:57 pm

Psychedelicfur wrote:Seems like they know when to exit.

Maybe but it seems like smithy has said that with every album release for the last 40 years. Plus he can probably afford to retire. Obviously I don't know that, with him not being a former squeeze or employed once upon a time by a mate or suchlike. But they can bag the odd massive headline it seems.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm

fat cherry wrote:
Psychedelicfur wrote:Seems like they know when to exit.

Maybe but it seems like smithy has said that with every album release for the last 40 years. Plus he can probably afford to retire. Obviously I don't know that, with him not being a former squeeze or employed once upon a time by a mate or suchlike. But they can bag the odd massive headline it seems.

Quite liked them back in the day, bought that Standing On the Sand? ? Beach? compilation thingy on tape when I was in school but sold it long ago when I used to do the horses (back them that is, nothing more sinister in case you're wondering :eek: :redface: ). I liked the Friday I'm in Love era stuff but they sort of faded away for me after that. Bought a second-hand copy of the Sitting on the Sand thing on CD quite recently and that'll probably do me Cure-wise, always liked the cover of that one. I don't half talk some shite don't I. :wink: :lol: Will never took me to see them either.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:55 pm

Didn't they call it a different version depending on format? Trouble with that is you get all the nice stuff, more or less, and if that was your window on the whacky world cure and fancied an update with, er, bloodflowers, for example, then you'd need the samaritans helpline to talk you down after the opening ten minute dirge, and again later after a desperate search for something lighter. Disintegration suffers similarly but is fantastic.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:I sense some unresolved anger issues here? :lol: :lol:

Well tbf she's in good company here n'est pas? With one notable exception we're all old geezers a little bit disappointed, though admittedly with us it's mostly the musical output over the last 20 years. You should have been here back in the day psfur, it was like the wild West, disappointmentwise. Happy days eh?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am

In out in out shake it all about, etc

https://www.nme.com/news/music/simon-ga ... re-3071612
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:36 am

Woo, new cure stuff, still ploughing the same old furrow. It's what the kids want. Here you go folks, nearly 7 minutes of the cure doing what they do best...... being the cure. Take it away, Bob.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:56 am

I’ll always love Bob for sharing the Cure money evenly so the Cure would never break up over money and addressing his weight gain by saying he loves beer and cake.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:00 am

Does rock n roll kill brain cells, yes it does apparently, lol in nme

https://www.nme.com/features/music-inte ... st-3511214
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods