The Cure

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby withahip » Tue May 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Listen to the new Cure single
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/ ... hs_fa.html

I have no problem with a band using the same sound - Cure sure is - I am just bumbed because it sounds more like (now I am splitting long black moussed up hairs) Crazy Mood Swing Cure - and I want Head on The Door/Disintegration Cure. If I hear poppy - I want Love Cats or In Between Days - not another Friday I'm In Love and that's all this is. And if I get dirge give me Plain Song or Figurehead - not Blood flowers.

Smith has a couple of formulas and he keeps using the post 1992 one. cough, hack . .when I was a kid - we couldn't buy the Cure at the mall! We had to buy it out of the back of Eugen Lobskis 1974 Ford Maverick, underneath those creepy Cream magazines with Ozzy on the cover!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 pm

withahip wrote: we couldn't buy the Cure at the mall! We had to buy it out of the back of Eugen Lobskis 1974 Ford Maverick, underneath those creepy Cream magazines with Ozzy on the cover!

They have these mall stores called Hot Topic where you can get all your goth/punk/new wave/post modern whatever fashions at mall prices. It's funny to see these kids all decked out in $300 worth of mall fashions for what we used to get at the thrift store for about $15.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby withahip » Tue May 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Yeah - get your crazy hair at the mall - while I was busy using food coloring and getting my ass kicked by jocks and construction workers with latent homosexuals tendencies - the same jerk offs no wearing my gear and using it to beat emos in Mexico

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUh1xnVCfM[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:12 am

Just back from seeing the Cure at the Hollywood Bowl. Wow. Fantastic show. I'm not a huge fan ... just from the radio and MTV, but some friends had a spare ticket so I went with them. I'm glad I did. Three hours or so. Band was great. Robert Smith's voice is in fine form.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tonywojo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 pm

zabird wrote:Just back from seeing the Cure at the Hollywood Bowl. Wow. Fantastic show. I'm not a huge fan ... just from the radio and MTV, but some friends had a spare ticket so I went with them. I'm glad I did. Three hours or so. Band was great. Robert Smith's voice is in fine form.

The Cure are shite

Whats in a name
i sometimes use caps and punctuation for emphasis
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:29 pm

I'd love to see the Cure live. Came across this version of 10:15 from 2008 just as fresh as it was a 100 years ago . . .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHTlChpoWr8&feature=related[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 am

The Cure live are white hot.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moondance » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:24 am

I've only seen the Cure once but it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Thanks for the video clip uncle hip.
moondance

Postby blinkilite » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:46 am

yeah the cure are great live... i really should have spent the extra $$ and went to see them a few weeks ago here in philly... but the show was sold out and i didn't wanna deal with the stubhub/ebay thing to get a seat. i hope to go see them next time.

the last time i saw them was in 1992 on the Wish tour, and it was one of the best shows i have ever been to. thanks for the clip :smile:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Epsilon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 am

I look forward to seeing them here in Charlotte on June 16th. It's probably been
20 years since I saw them back in Philly.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby withahip » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Epsilon wrote:I look forward to seeing them here in Charlotte on June 16th. It's probably been

You saw them when you were five?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Epsilon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 pm

I wish that was the case, ha ha.
Epsilon

Postby Red » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 pm

i only saw them once....and we left before it was over. the sound was god-awful. it was at Giants Stadium in 89. love and rockets were good tho! but the Cure sounded awful. the sound was echoing off the stadium walls....so we left early to beat the traffic rush. not sure how long we stayed, or how long they played after we left.
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Epsilon wrote:I look forward to seeing them here in Charlotte on June 16th. It's probably been

Hey!

I hope you have a great time..... :) I know I did on May 10th. :)
Seven Seas

Postby Epsilon » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks. I might even be meeting them at an After-Party
for them, not that that's a big deal, but it should be good time
either way.
Epsilon

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods