New Floyd Album

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

New Floyd Album

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:52 am

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/j ... less-river

Common sense tells me this will, in all likelihood, be a bit shit but I have to admit I'm looking forward to hearing it and if they decide to wheel themselves out on stage at all I will of course be in attendance.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: New Floyd Album

Postby 5times » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 am

Yes, interesting isn't it? I look forward to hearing it.
5times

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 am

Pink Floyd has not existed for me since Rogers Waters left
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:34 am

I'd be more excited about a new Monkeys album and tour.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:07 am

Don't care what the nay-sayers think, I'm looking forward to it.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 am

how many producers does one album need

NME wrote:The band's David Gilmour is producing the LP with Roxy Music's Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson.

Mind you, that Youth bloke's in there so bound to be good.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Don't care what the nay-sayers think, I'm looking forward to it.

It's like I don't even know you anymore. What happened to Dr. Cloudy Day we all love and cherish?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 am

black francis wrote:
It's like I don't even know you anymore. What happened to Dr. Cloudy Day we all love and cherish?

Dunno, must be the summer sun, if we get to see it for more than one day at a time I get all giddy. :confused:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:33 pm

might be inteersting, isn't it supposedly mainly instrumentals? i.e. at least none of that miserable stuff about roger waters dad being dead. thats how long it is since i heard a floyd album.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:57 am

Wouldn't dare say anything negative, or even pass comment on the old boy's state of mind, after all, he may also have a mate policing this forum who'll go squealing, but not content with putting the world to rights, old Rog has apparently rerecord Dark Side Of The Moon. And talks over the good bits. As reported here and there, relations with the rest of the chaps is an all time low.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/roger- ... f-the-moon

Hope Mac doesn't get any funny ideas.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:41 am

fat cherry wrote:Wouldn't dare say anything negative, or even pass comment on the old boy's state of mind, after all, he may also have a mate policing this forum who'll go squealing, but not content with putting the world to rights, old Rog has apparently rerecord Dark Side Of The Moon. And talks over the good bits. As reported here and there, relations with the rest of the chaps is an all time low.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/roger- ... f-the-moon

Hope Mac doesn't get any funny ideas.

I think the only idea Mac gets these days is which lyric sheet to sign next for £50.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:34 pm

way to dig up a nine-year-old thread! lol

I guess Roger was tired of making his legacy all about The Wall and dipped back into Dark Side. Anyway, I love the guy's music. I'm finding it harder and harder to dislike someone's art because of their personal opinions. I never cared for any Floyd stuff I heard after he left the band. Gilmour is one of the guitar greats but he writes boring songs. It's the sum of the parts kind of thing I guess a lot like what happened to Zeppelin, great together but not apart.

I mean I still like The Smiths and Morrisey solo stuff but Morrisey himself is the king of douchebaggery.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Gods Will Be Gods