New Bauhaus Album

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby kook » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Blobby Charlton :razz:

Wayhaay! :razz:
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:29 pm

withahip wrote:
For the 2005 tour in New York, Murphy had a cumber bun on to hold in his tummy.

And I thought I was the only one.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:14 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:10 am

I am buying it regardless of the reviews. I want to hear it for the first time when I have bought it. Not on msypace. Not often I feel like that about a cd.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:51 pm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=87888546

Ash says the record was written and recorded in only 18 days: "This was us four in one big room, for want of a better word, jamming until the magic started happening."

But the magic didn't last very long. Says Ash, "There were conflicts in the studio, big time, I'm not going to deny that, and it sort of broke the band up. I think the old term is 'musical differences.' "

It's too bad. Fewer musical differences and a few more days in the studio might have resulted in a more complete album. As it is, lead singer Peter Murphy, who converted to Islam in the '90s, has gone back to his solo career in Turkey, where he lives with his wife and kids. And Bauhaus' remaining members are re-forming their other disbanded project, Love and Rockets, to play this year's Coachella music festival. But if you're a Bauhaus fan, this new record, though less than fully realized, may well be your last chance to hear these reluctant proto-goths rediscover a little of their old alchemy — at least until the next irresistible offer from a large corporation.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Has anyone seen Daniel Ash and Bono in the same room recently?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:48 pm

good point.

Hasn't Daniel Ash been rocking that look for a while though?

Fuck though David J hasn't aged a day.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Daniel Ash was dressed like Pebbles Flintstone on the last Bauhaus tour.

You're right about David J.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:55 am

Anybody here what the "incident" might have been?

"We were getting along really well, but there was an incident that occurred," drummer Kevin Haskins tells Billboard.com, declining to elaborate further. "Some of us just felt that we didn't want to carry on as a working unit."
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:29 am

Bauhaus were excellent, opened for NiN.

Good to hear new material from them. Peter Murphy has some interesting ideas. They should collaborate with Depeche Mode, IMHO.
Seven Seas

Postby zabird » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:54 pm

black francis wrote:Anybody here what the "incident" might have been?

"We were getting along really well, but there was an incident that occurred," drummer Kevin Haskins tells Billboard.com, declining to elaborate further. "Some of us just felt that we didn't want to carry on as a working unit."

A Google search didn't turn up even any smidges of gossip about it? Google was very helpful, for instance, when I was trying to find out why Paul Simonon's face was all banged up in official pix for the Good, the Bad and the Queen :confused:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:30 pm

zabird wrote:A Google search didn't turn up even any smidges of gossip about it? Google was very helpful, for instance, when I was trying to find out why Paul Simonon's face was all banged up in official pix for the Good, the Bad and the Queen :confused:

Google search? Now why didn't I think of that? :wink:

I typed in Bauhaus incident (which it autofilled for me) but no further descriptions of the incident. I suspect someone used one of his band mate's eyeliner without asking.

Or as Jack said when he caught me, "fucking ask first!"
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:06 pm

black francis wrote:Google search? Now why didn't I think of that? :wink:

I typed in Bauhaus incident (which it autofilled for me) but no further descriptions of the incident. I suspect someone used one of his band mate's eyeliner without asking.

Or as Jack said when he caught me, "fucking ask first!"

I figgered you prolly had, but on the off chance ... :razz:

I'm really surprised that somebody hasn't spilled the beans. Especially if there was a cat fight and/or hissy fit involved (which would be the case if somebody's eyeliner got "borrowed" :lol: )
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 am

Finally heard a few tracks from the new album. Oh dear.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 am

Kounelaki wrote:Finally heard a few tracks from the new album. Oh dear.

I don't know what that means - but it seems people who are fans of the later material weren't very happy with this while fans of their earlier stuff really liked this.

Peter Murphy is on tour. I wonder if he'll have the cumber-bum to hold in his tum.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods