The Breeders stop by Buffalo, NY on their way to Coachella .

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

The Breeders stop by Buffalo, NY on their way to Coachella .

Postby withahip » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:22 pm

worth going?
the price is $20 presale and $25 at the door (if it makes it till then)

tickets on sale @ 10 a.m tomorrow morning through ticketmaster!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: The Breeders stop by Buffalo, NY on their way to Coachel

Postby black francis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:44 pm

withahip wrote:worth going?
the price is $20 presale and $25 at the door (if it makes it till then)

tickets on sale @ 10 a.m tomorrow morning through ticketmaster!

Fuck yeah you should go, Kim and Kelly Deal? I don't care how old they are.

I heard they added a banjo player to toughen up their sound.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:49 pm

Do not push me mister.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 pm

I have been listening to Porcupine. a lot. lately.

Then I watched a couple of Breeder videos.

You know. The Breeders kind of suck.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:07 pm

Have you ever seen the video for Higher Hell? Not so good.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zoouncaged » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am

I'm going to the Toronto show. I'm thinking it will be a good time. I chose The Breeders show over the From The Jam one (at least The Breeders will be 15 years fresher). Funny, 2 weeks ago I picked up Title Tk by Kim & Co. for $2 and it's not bad at all.

I met and photographed the band at the peak of their Last Splash popularity and I thought they were nice people. They're Dayton, OH, baby!

ImageImage
zoouncaged

Postby withahip » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 am

very cool.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Seven Seas

Postby black francis » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 pm

I love Kim Deal.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:55 pm

You're not the real Black Francis then. :wink:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Kounelaki wrote:You're not the real Black Francis then. :wink:

You must not have read my blogcritcs interview:

Question: I remember reading an interview recently where you said jokingly that you might ressurect The Pixies if it was just you and Joey Santiago. Everyone knows you have 'mixed' feelings towards Kim Deal, but what if it was just you, Joe and David Lovering with a new bass guitarist? It wouldn't be perfect but I'm sure the patrons would be willing to compromise, and David's opened for you before. So any chance?

Answer: You have no idea what my feelings are towards Kim Deal, or anybody else for that matter. You should never rely on interviews with musicians as being factual. Most of them are mangled and even have made up stuff in them, that is to say, made up stuff by the writer or editor. I wonder how mangled this one is going to turn out...
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 am

A review:

THE BREEDERS 3/7 @ CLUB INFINITY

It took me about an hour in the middle of a blizzard to drive the twenty minutes it would normally take me to get to this show. The good thing was I missed the shitty local openers, bad thing was I missed the first song of The Breeders set. Anyway, first thing I check out, of course, is the state of Kim Deal...and I gotta say this is the first time I've ever seen her look old. Not that she looked bad, but she looked...old, like I said. She might've put on a few pounds, looked more unkempt than I've ever seen her...I might even go so far as to say Kelley looked better than her this time around. Which is harsh, because I usually hate Kelley Deal, but tonight I really enjoyed her for some reason. Anyway, Kim's voice still sounds as good as ever. It's what I hope angels sound like when I get to heaven. Her voice is of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. So they did the greatest hits package (I think it went Divine Hammer, Iris, Hellbound, I Just Wanna Get Along, Cannonball, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Safari, Don't Call Home, Roi, Drivin on 9, Saints, something like that...) a couple new ones off the new LP that were pretty good and post-punk sounding. They had a third guitar player for some songs, some redhead with dreads. At the very end, every one leaves the stage except Kelley and Kim and the bass player, and they do a little acoustic thing to end the set. Nice. For the encore they do Fortunately Gone then two I imagine are on the new record, one that Kim & Kelley sing in German (which was really good) and one torch-song-like thing Kelley sings in Spanish. That was it. Pretty amazing as always, that mexican rhythm section is tight as hell and the sisters still have it. Kelley actually looks great and I refuse to say anything else bad about Kim, because she sounded incredible. Entertaining between song banter as usual. This was actually the first show of their tour somehow, and they said they were trying out some things that might not stay in the set (they didn't seem to think they Spanish song went over well...)...well worth $20, I will say that.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The set list there is just a touch off... they opened with a new track called or at least had the lyrics "I can feel it..." with Kim on keys... the 2nd track was Shocker In Gloomtown a sweet GBV cover... The rest gets a bit fuzzy but they mixed it up and played a bit of all the LP's, yet No Hellbound! I was surprised by that! They did do No Aloha, Iris, ... I would have liked more from Title TK but overall for the first show of their tour, they were tight and had fun... Kelley said "You guys will go out in anything!"... The new songs were quite good and my only complaint would be that the set seemed short at 120 Mins or less..
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 am

black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbw0E4qZEkY[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods