Depeche Mode...new upcoming possible tour/music...

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Depeche Mode...new upcoming possible tour/music...

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:42 pm

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 00_0_2_0_C

Depeche Mode to release new album in fall 2008 ?

The depeche-mode.com website has made a round up of all the Depeche Mode news bits they could lay their hands on and things look bright for the 'black swarm' herd. The band will hit the studio in March to work on a few pre-produced songs that songwriter Martin Gore has been working on together with Sie Medway-Smith (Erasure, Client, Depeche Mode ...) in Gore's home studio in Santa Barbara (USA). Add to that a possible inclusion of some Dave Gahan material.

A release date has also been projected so it seems since EMI Spain informed that Mute are hoping to have the album ready 'at the end of this fiscal year', in time for Christmas. A tentative date of 'late November' has been communicated to retailers and media in Spain via the IFPI owned operation Promusicae. A tour would be announced in the early fall of 2008, with pre-sales in September or October. The actual tour would not start until early 2009. Lots of news, but all unconfirmed although depeche-mode.com is known for having respected and trustworthy sources.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 21_0_2_0_C

Also.....CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?! ANOTHER COMPILATION...

'MODEified by 7' reaches completion
Posted on 29 Jan, 2008 - Bookmark at del.icio.us

The fan powered Depeche Mode compilation "MODEified by 7" is almost ready. The 7th volume in this series will be released early February via the "MODEified by 7" website as free downloads. The final track listings should be announced by January 31st but we can already announce a large part of the participating bands and songs right now. Here's a first glimpse of what to expect, but be aware, the final tracklist might differ:

Fuckware - Stories of Old

Cliché - Rumores Blasfemos (Blasphemous Rumors)

Myra Hope Graber - Freelove

Dossiers Secrets - But Not Tonight

Darkly Dreaming - Love In Itself

Brave New World - Strangelove

Das Overman Projekt - It Doesn't Matter Two

Micah Stupak - Now This Is Fun / In Your Memory

Phase Theory - Policy of Truth / Clean

Endless Comes Later - Things You Said

The Echoing Green - Here is the House

Delobbo - Home

Louis Guidone - Photographic / Ice Machine

Storybox - Lie To Me

Blind Before Dawn - The Sun and The Rainfall / Rush

A New January - Two Minute Warning

Lakeside X - Nothings Impossible /

Love|less - Television Set / It's No Good

James D. Stark - Higher Love

Jason Coy - Barrel of a Gun / Only When I Lose Myself / Something To Do

Star 5 (Alex Reed) - Sun and The Rainfall / Sea Of Sin / Lie To Me / I Am You

Terminal Bliss - World In My Eyes

Color Theory - I Am You (MODEified Mix)

Solar Plexus a.k.a Sekta77 - Lillian (In the forest, running barefoot mix)

The Encomium Effect - Here Is The House

Perihelion + Dasein - Suffer Well

Bobby/Synthetik FM Featuring Purveyor (Gary Fisher) - Any Second Now

CoveInsight - Stripped Instrumental / I Feel Loved (Factory Mix)

Rafi Kharman - Happiest Girl

Fuzzy Monsters - Sweetest Perfection / Question of Time

Glezpik - Tora! Tora! Tora! / New Dress / Lillian / Sea of Sin / Sometimes

Interferencia - Enjoy the silence / Things You Said / Insight

osc1 - Precious

Benthic - Kaleid

Envy The Machine - But Not Tonight

DeVo - Fly On The Windscreen / Stjarna
[0] Comments | read by 690 members

(side note).....I hope they do tour. They have been my 2nd favorite band since I was a little kid!!! I've seen them a lot of times & I've met them on my b-day in NYC in 2005. They are just simply classy guys that make cool music...
Seven Seas

Postby black francis » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I hope they include some Gahan material. Suffer Well was the best song on Playing the Angel on an album of good songs.

Get Alan Wilder to produce.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:19 pm

black francis wrote:I hope they include some Gahan material. Suffer Well was the best song on Playing the Angel on an album of good songs.

Get Alan Wilder to produce.

I agree w/ you, just get Alan back!

Would you go to a tour if they did it this year?

Do you have Recoil?
Seven Seas

Postby Scouser » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 am

If they havent started work on it yet I cant see it being ready for Autumn 08, they are notorious slow workers and keep recording schedules to 4-6 week blocks to avoid falling out. If they start now I'd say Spring 09 was a more realistic timescale...

Id love to see Wilder producing and / or playing on the album (which was rumoured at one point). Gahans songs (well, collaborations) are getting better and better. Suffer Well was superb, a real Violator era stomper. It was majestic live.

No matter what I cant wait to see them live again...they are the only band I can stomach in anything approaching a stadium. In fact I want people to stop buying their records so I can see them in a smaller venue than the souless hangar that is the M.E.N...
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 am

The band consistently makes good music. Amazing for a group doing this for over 25 years.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't see why Wilder couldn't be a studio member of Depeche Mode if he thinks it undignified to shake your rear on stage in your mid to late forties.

I love Recoil but it highlights that Wilder is a gifted producer and arranger and not as much a song writer. As much as I liked Ultra and Playing the Angel, it's obvious Wilder took some of the DM aura and atmosphere with him. I don't know if anyone really considers it a partnership but I think Gore/Wilder should be up there with the Morrissey/Marrs, Lennon/McCartneys (and since this is a Bunnymen forum) McCulloch/Sergeants of the world.

Depeche Mode at the Palladium was amazing. Depeche Mode at the Great Western Forum, not so much.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:33 pm

black francis wrote:I don't see why Wilder couldn't be a studio member of Depeche Mode if he thinks it undignified to shake your rear on stage in your mid to late forties.

I love Recoil but it highlights that Wilder is a gifted producer and arranger and not as much a song writer. As much as I liked Ultra and Playing the Angel, it's obvious Wilder took some of the DM aura and atmosphere with him. I don't know if anyone really considers it a partnership but I think Gore/Wilder should be up there with the Morrissey/Marrs, Lennon/McCartneys (and since this is a Bunnymen forum) McCulloch/Sergeants of the world.

Agreed.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:28 pm

withahip wrote:Agreed.

I'll second that & agree w/ Scouser as well. As Gahan's solo productions have now become increasingly better, there's also that tangent missing from Wilder's leave.

Remember when Paper Monsters, Recoil, & Counterfeit 1 & 2 came out, things didn't exactly reciprocate.

However, w/ these new productions in tune, it'll be interesting to see where it all takes them together & separate. Comparatively speaking, look at the time allotted to complete the album, assimulate the tour & reconstruct some work which wasn't formulated to begin with. It all adds up, really.

Similarly, ok, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducts bands that have made positive contributions to the life of music, where the heck is the Bunnymen's & Mode's nominations?!?
Seven Seas

Postby black francis » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Not gonna happen. The rock and roll hall of fame is a joke. Has Bon Jovi been inducted yet?

Back on topic, Gahan's voice is amazing since that vocal training back around the Ultra sessions.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:40 pm

black francis wrote:Not gonna happen. The rock and roll hall of fame is a joke. Has Bon Jovi been inducted yet?

Back on topic, Gahan's voice is amazing since that vocal training back around the Ultra sessions.

Especially since he cleared up himself & his poor family from the drugs associated too, w/ SOFAD.
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:32 pm

I hated Ultra for the longest time. It was a stylistic move that left me in the dust. I have since come to really like it.

Gahan's work is often juvenile (I know all rock is) and needs a collaborator imho.

Wilder came back to work on production for the Best of vol 1 and 2.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:14 am

Thats so weird. I was in Ultra denial for years as well, I was angry it was Alan-less and wouldnt give it a fair crack of the whip. Now I love it.

Still hate Exciter though.

Playing The Angel was a real return to form.

Its weird - synth based acts seem to have a late career renaissance. Look at Gary Numan (stop sniggering at the back) - Exile, Pure and Jagged are three of his best albums.

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Exciter does suck.

I initially didn't want to give Ultra a chance but I saw the video for "It's No Good" and it was so tongue in cheek and Gahan was so hilarious as the washed up lounge singer, I had to check it out. I thought it was very telling it took ten additional people to pretty much do what Wilder had been doing for years.

Has anyone picked up the new Recoil album? I hadn't checked the site in a while since it's been so long but this thread made me look and a new album had been released this year. The iTunes fan reviews are glowing. Well all six of them.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Scouser » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 pm

Havent heard the new one. I liked the first one but the follow up was terrible. As you say Wilder is a great arranger, not so much a songwriter.

Dave's Hourglass is similar. Some great arrangements crying out for a better song (apart from "Say Something" which would have been awesome on Playing The Angel). Paper Monsters had some great songs let down by insipid arrangements. The upshot of everything is that the Mode were much stronger with Wilder but could still function and produce great stuff, wheras Wilder is cut adrift without the Mode. Which probably vindicates Martin Gore in a way...

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Depeche Mode...new upcoming possible tour/music...

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm

Seven Seas wrote:I've met them on my b-day in NYC in 2005.

Please, tell us more.
I think this is the first we've heard of it.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods