Depeche Mode...new upcoming possible tour/music...

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby black francis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:46 pm

I believe ML Gore is one of the best songwriters in the last 40 years or so. For whatever reason (and I think Gahan said this) he has no interest in the production side. I wish I could remember where it was online but there was a great comparison of Gore's initial "Enjoy the Silence" which was given to Wilder (and Flood?) and the finished product. When I heard that I was like Keanu Reeves going "whoa" but more convincing.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:00 pm

I read an interview with the producer of Black Celebration who said:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb07/a ... s_0207.htm

"Working with Martin over the years, I've seen him become much more interested in how the demo evolves into the final product. At that time, however, his attention span was a bit shorter. After he'd written a song, I think he considered it tedious to be endlessly playing around with synthesizers and making different versions. Maybe we were just too slow for him, but even if he was bored with the process we at least had his demo as the guiding light, and different people tried different things. Because it was all played with machines, it was open to experimentation.

"We were all quite young and so it was very much a question of just working endless hours until we all felt we'd achieved something that felt right. We were really into it, and while Dave and Martin were very passionate about the songs as well, they'd be more likely to go off to a bar at 10 in the evening and leave us in the studio for another six hours to puzzle over some aspect of how we were going to create this effect or that effect or what else we were going to do. In fact, to me it just felt like a massive outpouring of effort and energy and commitment rather than some very clear and focussed game-plan. There was a fantastic synergy.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Blackheathen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 pm

black francis wrote: I was like Keanu Reeves going "whoa" but more convincing.

Not possible.
Blackheathen

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:38 pm

BIG NEWS>>>>>>ABOUT ALAN WILDER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 82_0_2_0_C
Seven Seas

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:02 am

Seven Seas wrote:BIG NEWS>>>>>>ABOUT ALAN WILDER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments. ... 82_0_2_0_C

Didn't this post change?

I thought it was the story of your birthday meet before.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:46 am

I listened to some iTunes samples of the new Recoil album and all is not well. I think the song is "Blackslider" or something or other and I thought it was from the "Shaft" soundtrack. I thought Wilder could pull of something a little better than a Moby rip off which Moby had previously ripped off.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

black francis wrote:I listened to some iTunes samples of the new Recoil album and all is not well. I think the song is "Blackslider" or something or other and I thought it was from the "Shaft" soundtrack. I thought Wilder could pull of something a little better than a Moby rip off which Moby had previously ripped off.

Just asking, did you see that article's link I posted above?
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:11 pm

black francis wrote:I listened to some iTunes samples of the new Recoil album and all is not well. I think the song is "Blackslider" or something or other and I thought it was from the "Shaft" soundtrack. I thought Wilder could pull of something a little better than a Moby rip off which Moby had previously ripped off.

http://www.myspace.com/recoil

There are some goiod ideas there. Wilder and Gore could make some wonderful stuff if they got back together.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Talking about Depeche Mode during the Super Bowl? Hand in your testicles, guys.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:25 pm

JackT wrote:Talking about Depeche Mode during the Super Bowl? Hand in your testicles, guys.

Sorry, I fell asleep during Tom Petty. What did you say?

Oh, right Jack. This from a guy posting on a band's website who has Bunnymen in their name.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:14 am

Just listened to Ultra on the way into work - immense
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 am

Seven Seas wrote:Just asking, did you see that article's link I posted above?
I saw it, Seven Seas. But, are my eyes deceiving me, or did you replace the content of that post.

Either I'm going CRAZY, or that particular post used to be your recounting of your birthday meeting with DM.

Please tell me I wasn't seeing things, and that you changed it. My sense of reality is unravelling.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:52 pm

JackT wrote:Talking about Depeche Mode during the Super Bowl? Hand in your testicles, guys.

You mean as opposed to the last time we had to turn them over to you?
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods