speaking of Leonard Cohen

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:35 am

What if he wears a tight red turtleneck?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 am

Kounelaki wrote:What if he wears a tight red turtleneck?
Is he a cute twenty-something asian news anchor?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:Is he a cute twenty-something asian news anchor?

Nope.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 am

Kounelaki wrote:Nope.
Then I'll pass. But thank you for attempting to appeal to my interests.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby electrabunny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:06 pm

"It should be dark in here...the opposite of light"
-Ian during Thorn of Crowns, RAH
electrabunny

Postby Frank The Bunny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm

I think a full prescription of Ambien would be cheaper - I mean, the Beacon's one night. A bottle of Ambien oughtta last me at least 2-3 days
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 pm

i know i'm a little late....but the same thing that happened with those Sigur Ros tickets happened again with this Cohen show. (not that i'm surprised.) i had to work that morning and wasn't able to even try to get tickets, but i was reading a little of the Cohen forum and everyone was bitching just like the Sigur Ros fans were bitching when that show sold out in like 5 seconds! apparently not many actual fans got tickets for this show either. i can't stand those fucking ticket agents!

BUT....i did read that he is resuming his World Tour in the US and western Canada in April! woo hoo! i'll be there some way, some how.

and speaking of the price, Frank, it says that the Beacon Theatre just finished a $15 million reburbishment, so that's probably why those tickets are going up more and more every time someone i like plays there. greedy bastards. that venue has always been the most expensive venue on any tour i've seen any band do anyway, but they're just getting greedy now!

and if you go to the above link electrabunny posted and try to get tickets for this show, it doesn't tell you it's sold out...it says Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available. why don't they just fucking say it's sold out??

instead it gives you other options, like below (check out the prices :eek: ) from Tickets Now (which is a ticketmaster company!!!) so now we know where all the fucking tickets go! they never release them to the public in the first place...they give them all to their own people, to make big bucks!! :evil:

Sections BALC RGT - UPBALC
$325-$438
Sections UPBALC LEFT - U BALC
$440-$466
Sections UPPER BALCONY - BALCONY RT CENTER
$487-$595
Sections Center Orch - ORCH R
$599-$641
Sections ORCHESTRA Left - ORCH RC
$699-$4075 <------ in their fucking dreams!!

ticketbastard is just running a fucking rip off operation any more. no one will ever see a good show for the face value any more. :evil: :evil: :evil: i sometimes hate the internet era. i'd rather stand in line for 2 days than put up with this crap.
Last edited by Red on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 pm

kook wrote:Nope! :eek:
Sounds dreadful.

it's not dreadful......it's very cool. i take it you don't like Matisse?
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Red wrote:instead it gives you other options, like below (check out the prices :eek: ) from Tickets Now (which is a ticketmaster company!!!) so now we know where all the ****ing tickets go! they never release them to the public in the first place...they give them all to their own people, to make big bucks!! :evil:

Sections BALC RGT - UPBALC
$325-$438
Sections UPBALC LEFT - U BALC
$440-$466
Sections UPPER BALCONY - BALCONY RT CENTER
$487-$595
Sections Center Orch - ORCH R
$599-$641
Sections ORCHESTRA Left - ORCH RC
$699-$4075 <------ in their ****ing dreams!!

ticketbastard is just running a ****ing rip off operation any more. no one will ever see a good show for the face value any more. :evil: :evil: :evil: i sometimes hate the internet era. i'd rather stand in line for 2 days than put up with this crap.

That is evil. And ridiculous.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:58 pm

why did you bleep out all my bad words, uncle hip? i was trying to get my anger across! :lol:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Red wrote:why did you bleep out all my bad words, uncle hip? i was trying to get my anger across! :lol:

I think the prices are enough to make anyone anger and understand your anger.

I am not a big Pearl Jam fan but they almost got crushed when they tried to take on Ticketmaster.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=1301462

In 1994, at the height of its success, Pearl Jam shocked the music industry by taking on Ticketmaster, the ticket distribution giant, in an effort to make its concerts more affordable to young fans. The band cancelled its summer tour, and members of the band testified before Congress, saying that Ticketmaster had a virtual monopoly. But a year later the Justice Department ended its investigation, saying "...there were new enterprises coming into the arena."

Discouraged, the band took some time off to regroup but eventually resumed touring, including shows at Ticketmaster-operated venues. Members of its fan club are guaranteed tickets to Pearl Jam concerts and they don't have to go through Ticketmaster to buy them.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby kook » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 am

Red wrote:it's not dreadful......it's very cool. i take it you don't like Matisse?

I do or at least I don't dislike him.
The idea just doesn't sound appealing to me.
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:44 am

maybe if you saw it.

there was a whole series of these books made,
can't remember the exact songs and artists, but
i think one was something like Sting/Picasso.
i cringed at the thought of that one! :lol:

the Cohen one was really well done, tho.

they actually reissued it 10 years later.
i have both copies. i prefer the cover of the original,
but i haven't looked at them for a while, so i can't
remember the differences inside. (not a lot)

here you can see the original:

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/book6.html

and here is the newer version:
(you can "look inside" this version, but they chose very poor examples.. :rolleyes: )

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-End-Love-Ar ... 591&sr=8-1

i wish i would have remembered this book when i needed to buy a wedding present for one of my friends....would have been the perfect gift for them! dammit.

"We continue our Art and Poetry series with ‘Dance Me To The End Of Love’, a deliriously romantic song by Leonard Cohen that is brilliantly visualized through the sensual paintings of Henri Matisse... Cohen’s (poem) is a lyrical tribute to the miracle of love, the grace it bestows on us and its healing, restorative power. Originally recorded on his Various Positions album, and featured in Cohen’s most recently published anthology, Stranger Music, this poetic song is gloriously married to twenty-one works of art by Henri Matisse, perhaps the greatest artist of the twentieth century. “I had this dance within me for a long time", Matisse once said in describing one of his murals. Here is a perfect book for art lovers, song lovers and all the other lovers as well." (From the introduction of the book)
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:52 am

Stay at home and play the first five cd's instead.Much cheaper and way way better than LC live these days.Someone should shove that Bontempi up his arse to remind why people loved him in the first place.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:44 am

Red wrote:instead it gives you other options, like below (check out the prices :eek: ) from Tickets Now (which is a ticketmaster company!!!) so now we know where all the fucking tickets go! they never release them to the public in the first place...they give them all to their own people, to make big bucks!! :evil:

Ticketmaster accused of 'conspiracy' to resell seats
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... nment/home
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods