New York Dolls in Philly for V-day, '08

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

New York Dolls in Philly for V-day, '08

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:27 pm

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02003 ... orcatid=60

Hey, if you don't have a sweetheart to spend V-day with & you like 70's Glamrock, I'd highly suggest going to this gig.

I've personally seen them before though, at the TLA. They rocked. I got into The Chesterfield Kings too, b/c of them.

I'm going w/ Pete G (b/c we're both singles w/out sweethearts) therefore, at least we have some sort of plans that night. If anyone from here is interested in meeting up, we can obviously talk about the Bunnymen too, that's why I posted this here & pm me if you're interested.

Cheers.
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 pm

I saw them last year. Well, there are two left, right?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 am

withahip wrote:I saw them last year. Well, there are two left, right?

Well, the original line-up was there when I saw them. They all looked great though. The Chesterfield Kings rocked too. This should be a fun show. This morning here @ work, I found where the venue is. It's near Packer Avenue, where an industrial portion of the city is located. How very "old-school" for a setting. I love it.
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 am

When I saw them last year, they were down to Buster and Sylvain. It was cool, though, seeing young blood with the two old men. And they sounded great!

If you like the Chesterfield Kings - I bet you'd love the Splat Cats!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_ ... e_ID=20065
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Blackheathen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:25 am

withahip wrote:When I saw them last year, they were down to Buster and Sylvain.

They're the only two from the original line-up that are still alive. Rock n roll is a hard life!
Blackheathen

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:59 am

withahip wrote:When I saw them last year, they were down to Buster and Sylvain. It was cool, though, seeing young blood with the two old men. And they sounded great!

If you like the Chesterfield Kings - I bet you'd love the Splat Cats!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_ ... e_ID=20065

Hey,

I'll have to check them out @ home. I have a lot of things blocked here @ work. Thanks though, for the recommendation. Are you into The Damned, The Distillers, The Slits, NOFX, X, XTC? I hope to see The Damned b/c they are supposed to be touring too.
Seven Seas

Postby black francis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm

The Dolls are great and their latest album wasn't half bad. Anyone with a passing interest should see the documentary "New York Doll". It's a fun and emotional viewing. And by emotional I mean both Morrissey and I were crying at the end.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:05 pm

black francis wrote:The Dolls are great and their latest album wasn't half bad. Anyone with a passing interest should see the documentary "New York Doll". It's a fun and emotional viewing. And by emotional I mean both Morrissey and I were crying at the end.

Tears? You've sullied my image of you, Black Francis :wink:

seriously, tho, "New York Doll" was very poignant. Loved the old lady "groupies" too.

Their latest album's def. got some good stuff on it ... Dance Like a Monkey, for instance.

Another keeper is the dvd "All Dolled Up." The young Dolls, flashy, sassy and fabulous. Syl Sylvain's audio commentary is a riot.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 pm

zabird wrote:Tears? You've sullied my image of you, Black Francis :wink:

seriously, tho, "New York Doll" was very poignant. Loved the old lady "groupies" too.

Their latest album's def. got some good stuff on it ... Dance Like a Monkey, for instance.

Another keeper is the dvd "All Dolled Up." The young Dolls, flashy, sassy and fabulous. Syl Sylvain's audio commentary is a riot.

Hey!
You are right, riot is the word to explain that commentary. That word explains it all. W/out funny riots, the world is a very uninteresting place. Humour rules the turning axis.
Last edited by Seven Seas on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Seas

Postby black francis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 pm

"No I don't wipe my tears away I'm not ashamed of them I wear them proudly like small wet salty badges of emotional truth"
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:00 pm

black francis wrote:"No I don't wipe my tears away I'm not ashamed of them I wear them proudly like small wet salty badges of emotional truth"

Hey,
I have to ask a dumb question but, who is exactly the man in your avatar?
Seven Seas

Postby withahip » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Seven Seas wrote:Hey,
I have to ask a dumb question but, who is exactly the man in your avatar?

"Why don't you have a seat. "
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:56 pm

withahip wrote:"Why don't you have a seat. "

There's something you should know. I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline and we're doing a story about online predators.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUkwh8TmM0[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:14 pm

The Dolls have added a 2nd night in Jersey though, Feb. 15th @ the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. It's a very small venue but, a great intimate setting for them. Good parking too. Just be careful walking around there....
I've been there & the Paramount Theater which is right down the road. Good venue too.

I'm really looking forward to the V-day show in Philly, it should be a hoot as it was the last time.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003 ... orcatid=60
Seven Seas

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods