Buzzcocks recent list of Live Dates for 2008

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Buzzcocks recent list of Live Dates for 2008

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 pm

http://www.buzzcocks.com/site/livedates.html

http://www.buzzcocks.com/site/index.html (if you scroll down to the middle, it'll give you a link about the details w/ them headlining)

They are HEADLINING w/ the DAMNED!!!!! OMG....

Zabird.....are you hearing this?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you going to go? I'm going to Chicago in May (however, it's at the end of the month, Alaska in July & London in September) but, I'll try to make it to one of these gigs.....

By the way, hello to everyone! Just here to post this if anyone's interested. Hope all of you are doing well.
Seven Seas

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi E! Was wondering where you went? Them, together with the Damned sounds great! No LA dates?
insanejane

Re: Buzzcocks recent list of Live Dates for 2008

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Seven Seas wrote:http://www.buzzcocks.com/site/livedates.html

http://www.buzzcocks.com/site/index.html (if you scroll down to the middle, it'll give you a link about the details w/ them headlining)

They are HEADLINING w/ the DAMNED!!!!! OMG....

Zabird.....are you hearing this?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you going to go? I'm going to Chicago in May (however, it's at the end of the month, Alaska in July & London in September) but, I'll try to make it to one of these gigs.....

By the way, hello to everyone! Just here to post this if anyone's interested. Hope all of you are doing well.

I saw that ... no way I can go, tho. Saving all my pennies for RAH trip. And who knows? Maybe the Buzzers will be playing around London in September :smile:

if not, there's always the potential for an L.A. gig this year too.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 pm

One of the most disgusting things ever was Pete Shelly at a Buzzcocks reunion with his shirt off.

And that 1994.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:05 pm

insanejane wrote:Hi E! Was wondering where you went? Them, together with the Damned sounds great! No LA dates?

Hey J & A!!!! :)

No, I haven't seen any yet.

Ultimately, I hope they come back & do a tour w/ the Damned or by the Grace of God, The Sex Pistols......and yes, I'm determined to meet Pete Shelley & Steve Diggle b/c twice, I had my PERFECT opportunity to do so, but, I chickened out feeling all self-conscious. So, I really hope that this will be a great spring/summer for gigs. Of course, to see the Bunnymen in September is going to be thoroughly fantastic but, for me personally to see these guys again (w/ the Pistols or Damned or whomever) will be even more stokingly fantastic. Hey, we all have bands we love. :p

Keep in touch. e.
Last edited by Seven Seas on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Seas

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Seven Seas

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:32 pm

withahip wrote:One of the most disgusting things ever was Pete Shelly at a Buzzcocks reunion with his shirt off.

And that 1994.

I love the band, but fully clothed, please!
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:28 pm

zabird wrote:I love the band, but fully clothed, please!

You don't want a piece of this?

withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:12 pm

withahip wrote:You don't want a piece of this?

I'm partial to the Diggle dots :razz:

I saw them at a tiny club in L.A. last summer and it was great. Everybody remained fully clothed :wink: and Pete Shelley sang Homosapien with the support band.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 pm

robyn hitchcock rocks the dots WAY better :cool:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 pm

blinkilite wrote:Image

robyn hitchcock rocks the dots WAY better :cool:

I think he was on Jonesy's Jukebox in the last year or so. Interesting interview.

Diggle's got a shirt like that too ... he's a dots man, I guess :smile:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Seven Seas wrote:Hey J & A!!!! :)

No, I haven't seen any yet. However, I'm friends w/a few of the members of this site,
http://www.secretpublic.com/home/default.asp for a LONG time b/c of being a fan of the band. 2 of the members I speak w/ claimed there haven't been any line-ups for gigs in the States yet & they both work closely & directly w/ the band. Therefore, I trust their judgement (plus, I've known them a long time). They are like the Peter Allen of the other forum, so to speak.

According to their site, there's a Japan tour too:
http://www.secretpublic.com/bandstuff/2007_dates.asp

So, I am really, really, really (and I do mean really) hope that, they tour the states. I've loved Buzzcocks for a while now & I've seen them quite a few times. A couple of times too, I talked briefly in the chatroom w/ Mr. Shelley & he's a great guy.

I hope that they don't go back to a small dive though, like they did in June of '06. It was at this place in Philly called, The North Star Bar. It was located in not exactly a "safe" area of the city. It was near the Fairmount Park area. Parking was very, very limited & the place was a dive. Yet, that's the band's choice, who am I to judge too?

Ultimately, I hope they come back & do a tour w/ the Damned or by the Grace of God, The Sex Pistols......and yes, I'm determined to meet Pete Shelley & Steve Diggle b/c twice, I had my PERFECT opportunity to do so, but, I chickened out feeling all self-conscious. The last time I was in the chatroom & I spoke to Pete too, he remembered and he told me and I quote, "Next time just come up and talk to me." WOW.

So, I really hope that this will be a great spring/summer for gigs. Of course, to see the Bunnymen in September is going to be thoroughly fantastic but, for me personally to see these guys again (w/ the Pistols or Damned or whomever) will be even more stokingly fantastic. Hey, we all have bands we love. :p

Keep in touch. e.

They were supposed to play L.A. last November, but that didn't happen. I've heard the band loves L.A., so hopefully they'll make it back to the States sometime this year.

And definitely, if you want to meet Steve and/or Pete, just go up to them after the gig, or hang around outside the venue afterwards, waiting for a cab, and Steve will come up to you and say hi, like he did to me and my friends after the Spaceland show last summer. I think he thought we were waiting for the band, but we were just waiting for a cab :razz:

I seriously doubt the Pistols would be on the same bill as the Damned. John Lydon's never had much good to say about most of the old English punk bands. He seems to respect the Buzzers, tho, so that I could see happening. But never say never (a great Romeo Void song, BTW :biggrin:).

Seven Seas, are you on myspace? If so, you should check out Captain Sensible's site. His blogs are quite entertaining.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm

How come I thought these guys would never get old?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am

withahip wrote:How come I thought these guys would never get old?

Ah, youth :mrgreen:

BTW, if you think Pete Shelley sans shirt is something, you should see John Lydon without a shirt these days. I had to shield my eyes :eek:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 am

Zabird, call me weird (who hasn't) but, I think John, Pete & Diggle are beautiful.... & not just b/c of their looks either....They got freakin' spirit!!! Not to mention integrity, etc.
Seven Seas

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods