20 least favorite songs by a band you don't like

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:25 pm

My dad liked Journey :smile:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:29 pm

If a guy wanted to get lucky with his girl back then, he liked Journey. I'm sure many virginities were lost to Steve Perry's singing.

On the other hand Rush had no female fans because it doesn't work the other way around. That and Geddy Lee is uhhhh-gly.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 pm

admin wrote:If a guy wanted to get lucky with his girl back then, he liked Journey. I'm sure many virginities were lost to Steve Perry's singing.

On the other hand Rush had no female fans because it doesn't work the other way around. That and Geddy Lee is uhhhh-gly.

Rush is nerd rock.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:27 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA&feature=related[/youtube]

They have some great tunes.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 pm

withahip wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA&feature=related[/youtube]

They have some great tunes.

:eek:
insanejane

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:41 pm

insanejane wrote::eek:

I'm serious. I tired of the notion that I couldn't be fan of one band or genre because I was one of another.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:43 pm

journey falls under that "guilty pleasure" category. i won't really admit to liking their songs, but they are in my itunes and i like hearing them from time to time... and steve perry really can sing. i think foreigner falls under this too... i think deep down everyone likes jukebox hero. LOL

rush on the other hand... i can't stand them. or Yes. :mad:

the only exception to the rule, there's one mash-up i really like called Annie's Stoned Rush which has Annie Lenox and the Rolling Stones and a bit of "Tom Sawyer" by Rush in it... i liked it then.... but it was only the music, and none of those screechy vocals eewww
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:51 pm

blinkilite wrote:.... but it was only the music, and none of those screechy vocals eewww

So no Sigur (cat in a bag ) Ros for you then?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLCurB1lJw[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

"what about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy"- Pavement

Sorry to offend about Steve Perry. I know A LOT of girls were turned on by his looks and voice and listening to Journey helped guys when they wanted to get with some girl, but he's too feminine for me. I feel the same about.................ready?.............Robert Plant :eek: !
insanejane

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 pm

insanejane wrote:"what about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy"- Pavement

Sorry to offend about Steve Perry. I know A LOT of girls were turned on by his looks and voice and listening to Journey helped guys when they wanted to get with some girl, but he's too feminine for me. I feel the same about.................ready?.............Robert Plant :eek: !

What????? Those curls, that manly chest, the tight jeans???? It musta been the girly shirts Robert Plant occasionally wore :lol:

Withahip ... there's no laws out there that dictate what you can and can't like music-wise. Plus, tastes change. For instance, I couldn't stand country music when I was a kid, but I have a great appreciation for it today. Dwight Yoakam, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and Patsy Cline, among others.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:38 pm

zabird wrote:
Withahip ... there's no laws out there that dictate what you can and can't like music-wise.

Try telling me that when I was 19. :biggrin:

Which leads to the next thread . . .
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:52 pm

zabird wrote:What????? Those curls, that manly chest, the tight jeans???? It musta been the girly shirts Robert Plant occasionally wore :lol:

Withahip ... there's no laws out there that dictate what you can and can't like music-wise. Plus, tastes change. For instance, I couldn't stand country music when I was a kid, but I have a great appreciation for it today. Dwight Yoakam, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys and Patsy Cline, among others.

yeah, it was definitely those little tiny baby girl puffed sleeved shirts
insanejane

Postby JackT » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

[center]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x4Mv4AUtzNM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x4Mv4AUtzNM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/center]
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:21 pm

funny.

there's a female-fronted Journey cover band in L.A. ... Infinity. LA Weekly did a great story on them last year http://www.laweekly.com/columns/a-considerable-town/hold-on-to-that-feelin/15427/
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:26 pm

withahip wrote:Try telling me that when I was 19. :biggrin:

Which leads to the next thread . . .

been meaning to tell you ... I love your new avatar. What a great album that is!
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods