The La's "lost" debut released next March

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby moondance » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:15 pm

JackT wrote:Awesome! Yes, it has really become built up with all that stuff. It's hardly recognizable.

Traffic circles! It's funny, I'm very comfortable with them because of growing up in Riverhead, but most people become befuddled when they encounter them.

What architecture did you see when you were there? I really don't recall there being any...

What hospital did you go to?

Well, the architecture I meant was the old stores that look like they were built in the 1800's. They were very charming! I saw the Vail-Levitt Music Hall as we passed through. I love the SC museum out there.
With the increased traffic, the traffic circles are a bit frightening. It relies on the "courtesy" system and common sense. These fine qualities of humanity were not much in evidence today in Riverhead. My father said that these traffic circles will be a thing of the past soon.
We were at Central Suffolk Hospital. My aunt has been there for 4 months! She has so many complicated illnesses like heart failure, diabetes and gall stones. Its been very difficult for her and my elderly uncle but my aunt likes the hospital and rehab center there. They live in MacClouds. Do you know that place?
moondance

Postby JackT » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:25 pm

moondance wrote:We were at Central Suffolk Hospital.

I was born there.

moondance wrote:They live in MacClouds. Do you know that place?

Indeed I do. Trailer park, right? When I was a kid we were friends with a family who lived there.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:30 am

JackT wrote:Indeed I do. Trailer park, right? When I was a kid we were friends with a family who lived there.

Yes. Cute little trailer park. Looks like "the country" to people who lived all their lives in Queens! :razz:
moondance

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods