Joy Division "new" products?

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Joy Division "new" products?

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:16 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Hannetts-P ... 11&sr=1-23

http://www.amazon.com/Anton-Corbijn-Clo ... y_m_text_b

Does anyone own these? I NEVER seen them before or even heard about them on the Joy Division forum until now....WOW.

Did you buy the soundtrack to the movie, Control? What did you think?
Seven Seas

Postby Scouser » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm

Do you work for Amazon?
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm

As much as I love Joy Division, after buying all the studio albums, live albums, compilations and finally shelling out seventy-something USD for Heart and Soul I don't think I can bring myself to spend anymore money until they un-earth a never before heard Joy Division album with never before heard songs or when Ian Curtis returns from the dead.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:58 am

They seem like they're not "new" products but, worth shelling out cash, being a Joy Division fan. You just couldn't beat Mr. Hannett's production work.
Seven Seas

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:19 am

Scouser wrote:Do you work for Amazon?

No, I just shop there a bit. What do you do for a living? I work for the Fuzz (QUICK!!! hide the cards/money/booze/etc & don't stare at me at all b/c I trust no-one) have done so, since I graduated college a long time ago. Too bad I'm not using my degrees in my career though. lol lol
Seven Seas

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 pm

black francis wrote:As much as I love Joy Division, after buying all the studio albums, live albums, compilations and finally shelling out seventy-something USD for Heart and Soul I don't think I can bring myself to spend anymore money until they un-earth a never before heard Joy Division album with never before heard songs or when Ian Curtis returns from the dead.

I wont buy another JD product until they unearth Ian Curtis.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby happy_loss » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am

I have the Hannett mixes. A friend gave me a copy. Unless you are fanatical about collecting every sound JD recorded, I suggest you skip it. Interesting historically, but that's about it.

That book is just pics of the Control production. Unless you are in total love with the movie (which is excellent) you probably shouldn't bother.

What you will want to save your money for is the Plan K DVD. The entire video was thought lost until unearthed at the venue during a remodel. That will be worth buying!
happy_loss

Return to Gods Will Be Gods