Some Police box sets....do you own or like?

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Some Police box sets....do you own or like?

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:13 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Police-2CD-Anthol ... 030&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Message-Box-Compl ... 030&sr=8-5

I got those last night. I was pretty stoked STILL b/c I had never seen them live before but, the first time this past August. So, I treated myself to those and I'm looking forward to receiving/hearing them.

Does anyone already own them & are they worth the $ or what? What's your favorite track?
Seven Seas

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Never did like The Police and as for Sting ...
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Awwwwww come on C, some of The Police stuff is OK. Sting solo was a twat I agree.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm

I think The Police are terribly overrated and Sting's solo stuff is unbearable. People saying Stewart Copeland is an amazing drummer have never seen Pete in action. No comparison.

But to answer your last question I do like "So Lonely"
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm

I love the song "King of Pain." I think The Police were a good band.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:26 pm

JackT wrote:I love the song "King of Pain." I think The Police were a good band.

Shouldn't you be playing with Mickey?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:03 pm

black francis wrote:I think The Police are terribly overrated and Sting's solo stuff is unbearable. People saying Stewart Copeland is an amazing drummer have never seen Pete in action. No comparison.

Exactly! I keep telling a drummer friend of mine that who thinks Stewart Copeland is God. He also came across as an insufferable twit when he was on Jonesy's Jukebox.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:01 am

zabird wrote:Exactly! I keep telling a drummer friend of mine that who thinks Stewart Copeland is God. He also came across as an insufferable twit when he was on Jonesy's Jukebox.

I wish I could get that in (Joney's Jukebox). Is it Internet-live-streamed? I mean, from one punk to another....this HAS to be fullfilled. lol :)

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about getting the box sets & Pete & 2 of my other friends are envious. Yet, I did get Pete volumes 1 & 2 of the Beatles Capitol records. (he REALLY wanted that)

Long live The Police!!!! Sychronicity II has to be my favorite song of theirs, if I'm all honest.
Seven Seas

Re: Some Police box sets....do you own or like?

Postby Frank The Bunny » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am

Seven Seas wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Police-2CD-Anthology/dp/B000PHX4VA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1197573030&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Message-Box-Compl ... 030&sr=8-5

I got those last night. I was pretty stoked STILL b/c I had never seen them live before but, the first time this past August. So, I treated myself to those and I'm looking forward to receiving/hearing them.

Does anyone already own them & are they worth the $ or what? What's your favorite track?

Seems to me, purchasing the second one would make purchasing the first sort of foolish. "Complete Recordings" indicates it might just be inclusive of the material on the other release
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Some Police box sets....do you own or like?

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Seems to me, purchasing the second one would make purchasing the first sort of foolish. "Complete Recordings" indicates it might just be inclusive of the material on the other release

Hey, guess I'm foolish then. I just know that I can't wait to listen to them.
Seven Seas

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:41 pm

They had some good stuff and I like Andy Summers guitar style. (did you know he is frickin 64 years old now???) I'm not a real big fan of vocalists with high voices in general though so they really aren't my proverbial bag.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:21 pm

admin wrote:They had some good stuff and I like Andy Summers guitar style. (did you know he is frickin 64 years old now???) I'm not a real big fan of vocalists with high voices in general though so they really aren't my proverbial bag.

Seriously, wow....

Ok, I'm laying it all out now.... I never seen them ever until this past August, and that was for the reunion tour sponsored by Best Buy. However, that night totally changed my tune, so to say on them. I am glad that Sting wasn't too egotistical or political. They just rocked, enjoyed themselves, and played the freaking music that made us fans incredibly happy.

Their light show for Roxanne was incredible w/ all of the red lights. Hearing Sychronicity II live was just plain awesome for me.

That's why I have had that "change" almost orgasmic-like on them. Tantric, huh?
Seven Seas

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Sting is a twat.Avoid at all costs.He thought he was cool singing 'crotch' in Synchronicity.Biggest pansy of a geordie ever.He now likes stiffies that last sixteen hours.Christ I hate that man.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Sting is a twat.Avoid at all costs.He thought he was cool singing 'crotch' in Synchronicity.Biggest pansy of a geordie ever.He now likes stiffies that last sixteen hours.Christ I hate that man.

With a small amount of effort, you could make that post into a great haiku
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:42 am

Hey,

I received the 2-CD box set in the mail on Saturday. OMG, it's pretty awesome. I mean, now I know what my Aunt feels (a bit) concerning her love for them.

Inside of it too, it has a poster w/ one of their gigs listed. It is just cool (well, in my eyes).

I was glad to see that Canary in a Coalmine was in the set as was Sychronicity I & II. :) II, is my favorite song of theirs ever though.
Seven Seas

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods