The Obligatory Contented of Hove Thread

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: The Obligatory Contented of Hove Thread

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:25 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 am

got a bad history of forgetting when the tickets go on sale and then throwing a wobbly when I see how much they are anyway - we'll see.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:18 am

Tickets on sale this Thursday, FC. I do the price wobbly, then say to myself I only go to a few concerts a year these days.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 pm

looked up the manc arena and they said friday - are you on the special list? I never do that either. Was tempted to try and get tix for the U2 joshua tree extravaganza but way out of my league - these resale sites were all thats left - is that just semilegalised touting? - unsigned bands here I come forever more. Speaking of which I'm going to to see a leonard cohen tribute 'act' tomorow at our local theatre place. Should be rockin.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:53 am

fat cherry wrote:are you on the special list?

Nope. Paris show on sale tomorrow for us plebs. Let us know what the Laughing Len tribute act was like.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 am

fat cherry wrote: then throwing a wobbly when I see how much they are anyway - we'll see.

Indeed. Glasgow Hydro this time round: bigger venue = more chance of actually getting a ticket, more chance of throwing a wobbly at the price.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:48 am

Kounelaki wrote:Paris show on sale tomorrow.

The 17th is Friday. D'oh!
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:10 am

Lenny tribute was very good, sang the stuff well without doing an imitation, and v good guitar player. Rambled on a bit between songs though. Also did some of his own type stuff - well some poetry by some spanish bloke set to his own flamenco(ish) guitar playing.
Missus FC bought a CD and got a freebie with it, so she picked a set of 'dylan' songs or so she said. I had to point out it wasn't the bobster but a set of dylan thomas poetry set to his guitar playing. Haven't had the will to put that on the CD player yet.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 am

fat cherry wrote:I had to point out it wasn't the bobster but a set of dylan thomas poetry set to his guitar playing. Haven't had the will to put that on the CD player yet.

:lol:

66 euros this year -- cheaper than last time I think.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 am

about 50 quid each (including all the 'because we can' charges) from ticketmaster - tried the manc arena site and tried for 'floor standing tickets (2) only to get the message 'not enough adjeacent tickets' error, finally gave up, so a coupl eof seats god knows where. 'Check youre not a robot' security tests seem a bit over the top, but there you go, grumpy old bastard alert. Got em though.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:53 am

my typing seems to be getting worse. Soz folks.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:14 am

I always sign up to get an alert when someone I like is going on tour, it costs nowt and means I can be ready to start clicking like a maniac as soon as tickets go on sale, the last Rammstein tour being a case in point. Ten minutes after confirming my purchase all the standing allocation had gone.

Snooze you lose fc!
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 am

that's prob a good idea as the last few of times I've thought about it I've then forgotten - only just before lunch and checking out my favourite fanboy forum was I reminded to do so today. All the clock ticking stuff whilst trying to get my details in was making me nervous though, especially when it said, this email address is already registered so back to login, luckily i got the right one of many variation of the one or two passwords i can be aresed to use, right first time - probably a sign that I ought to go through the whole lot and make sensible ones up, and then save them on the 'cloud' where they'll be perfectly safe. As it is if that nice mr putin decides to vist my online activities he'll have access to the lot in no time through simple logic (though to be fair, many of those sites come from his neck of the woods anyways). Where was I?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:35 pm

I had to drag myself out the door to an appointment at the same time as the tickets went on sale, and have had a bit of a fever for the last few days. By the time I got round to buying them the best tickets available were half way to the sky in the Hydro - better than being in the dizzying heights of the top tier though.
crystal daze

Postby crystal daze » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:39 pm

fat cherry wrote: luckily i got the right one of many variation of the one or two passwords i can be aresed to use, right first time - probably a sign that I ought to go through the whole lot and make sensible ones up, and then save them on the 'cloud' where they'll be perfectly safe. As it is if that nice mr putin decides to vist my online activities he'll have access to the lot in no time through simple logic (though to be fair, many of those sites come from his neck of the woods anyways). Where was I?

I was saved from the password trauma by the unexpected fact that I'd saved that one on my computer. I don't normally do that. Saved me some time, probably helps that nice Mr. Putin too.
crystal daze

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods