The Specials

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

The Specials

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:30 am

Interview with Terry Hall and friends
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/fe ... iew-2-tone
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 pm

I LOVE the two Specials albums....
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Coventry's finest.The first album is brilliant.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting that, Kounelaki.

Love their first album. Saw them in Oklahoma in 1980. One of my two favorite concerts ever. Would love to see them again.

Too bad Dammers isn't along for the ride too.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:34 pm

What's the other favorite concert?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:18 pm

black francis wrote:What's the other favorite concert?

A Cramps show in 1980. Lux Interior in his prime, writhing around on the stage floor, his barely there pants rolling down with him. A glorious, glorious night.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 am

"Everything was a drama," says Hall. "Getting picked up at the airport was a drama, checking into the hotel was a drama, leaving the hotel was a drama. You couldn't get any space, not even for an hour or two, because wherever you went there were these lads who'd travelled 9,000 miles to see you live and didn't have anywhere to stay, so you had to put them up in your room and then you had to sit up all night with them." He sighs. "Talking about the fucking Specials."

i could never figure that out. why do fans always do that? usually bands want to talk about anything BUT the band. :rolleyes:

it'd be cool to see The Specials......but i somehow doubt they'll tour the US. :rolleyes:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Red wrote:it'd be cool to see The Specials......but i somehow doubt they'll tour the US. :rolleyes:

why not? they have tons of fans here too.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 am

Red wrote:
i could never figure that out. why do fans always do that? usually bands want to talk about anything BUT the band. :rolleyes:

well by my reckoning theres only a handful of weirdos who want to hang around with a band (or those with juvenile intelligence who thinks a bit of the magic might rub off). And if the band had any brains I'm sure they could steer the conversation around to something really interesting like the economic downturn, and as it was the eighties - thatcher and how she would destroy the working classes. That such conflict in just what is an interesting conversation might occur is why most fans give their heroes a wide berth. Unfortunately this skews results so bands get the impression we all want to talk about the specials, or the bunnymen, or whatever.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:39 am

zabird wrote:why not? they have tons of fans here too.

well, it has nothing to do with the fans, does it? as usual.
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Evil » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:55 am

fat cherry wrote:well by my reckoning theres only a handful of weirdos who want to hang around with a band (or those with juvenile intelligence who thinks a bit of the magic might rub off). And if the band had any brains I'm sure they could steer the conversation around to something really interesting like the economic downturn, and as it was the eighties - thatcher and how she would destroy the working classes. That such conflict in just what is an interesting conversation might occur is why most fans give their heroes a wide berth. Unfortunately this skews results so bands get the impression we all want to talk about the specials, or the bunnymen, or whatever.

I reckon Mac would be a football bore. I wouldn't mind a conversation with Will about Star Trek.
Dr Evil

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDsBXEAuwMY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDsBXEAuwMY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 pm

I saw them do Ghost Town and Too Much Too Young, it was enjoyable and a bit wrong at the same time.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I saw them do Ghost Town and Too Much Too Young, it was enjoyable and a bit wrong at the same time.

How so?
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Gods Will Be Gods